2: Assembly and... Brothers?

Valeriana's pov

It was currently friday. I was wearing an obnoxious outfit with my school colors. I had paint on my face. I had a headband with bouncy springs and more school colors. Trey was matching me but with his own school colors. Yes he even had the headband. We actually made them ourselves last night. We went all out for these things because why the hell not. It was fun.

We had a cookout like lunch today. It was outside in the parking lot where the buses drop off students. Since it was empty at this time. Tables were placed all over for students. Trey and I had burgers with a bag of chips. We ate silently while watching everyone around us. After lunch it was free for all. Trey's school had won the basketball game earlier. I see a small group of cheerleaders in Trey's colors. They were all lean and stunning.

"Damn, why do you have all the hot cheerleaders?" I asked. I shook my head disappointedly. Trey laughed loudly causing the girls to look at him. They all gave him a flirty smile and I shook my head. "Get it Trey," I grumble. I see some cheerleaders from my school. "See, do you see that? What the hell is that? And the beak on that one. How does one get a damn nose that big? The fuck is wrong with my school. I got all the ugly bitches!" I say loudly. I was openly gay which caused Trey to laugh harder at my misery.

"I think she heard you," Trey says. I glare at the girl.

"I don't give a damn. She shouldn't be that fucking ugly. How do I get stuck with the ugly flowers and you get the fresh pretty nice ones?" I asked.

"The girls that go here are pretty ugly. Even their personalities are ugly. They got nothing going for them," Trey says, causing me to laugh.

"I need a life change, I can't keep seeing garbage everyday," I mutter while finishing my burger.

"Careful what you wish for." I roll my eyes. What could possibly happen?

After lunch was over we were back in the gym. The games were going on which got cheers and chants out of the school as they cheered on their friends. My eyes were on the principal. I was watching his position to see if it would change. He was busy talking to a police officer, a woman and a guy who had brown hair. I rush down the bleachers. Now was the time. I had Trey on the phone. I told him I was in position. I waited for him to say he was in position before we counted to three.

Last night we snuck into school and set up confetti bags. We attached them to the ceiling with the help of many mafia members. Ok they did all the work while Trey and I watched and made our headbands. We hid the strings for these bags so nobody would see them.

When we reach three I pull the string. Confetti rained from the ceiling causing the schools to erupt into cheers. I hang the phone up and shove it into my back pocket. The principal looked around immediately. His eyes land on me. I smile at him and send a little wave. I take off running through the gym. The cheers got louder.

"Fraser!" a teacher yelled. I meet up with Trey before we bolt out of the room. We laugh loudly as we run through the school. We head to an empty classroom. We already set up snacks here to hide out from our principals.

~~~

Trey and I trudge our way to the office. We were caught by the teacher whose class we were in. She made us come here. Says I was needed for something other than the prank. The tone in her voice had me worried. She had an empathetic look on her face. Like she knew something I didn't, which is literally the case.

"What do you think it is?" Trey asks. I shrug while pushing the office door open. I see the secretary at her counter with a computer. I walk past her.

"Fraser, stop. Mr. Marsh will meet you out here," Shelly says. I ignore her. I wanted a drink from the vending machine they had in the office. "Fraser!" Shelly shouts.

"Santorelli!" Mr. Marsh shouts, causing me to freeze. Santorelli was my real last name. My mother made sure Mr. Marsh changed my last name to Fraser for all the teachers. I turn around with a smile.

"Mr. Marsh, I was just getting a drink. I swear," I say while raising my hands. I see the officer, woman and guy next to the principal. My eyebrows furrowed. The brown haired guy had similar features to mine. Same nose shape, eye color and jaw shape.

"Valeriana," Mr. Marsh says. I raise an eyebrow before sighing and walking over to the counter closer to him. I pull myself onto the counter and lean back on my hands.

"Technically the door was unlocked. It was an invitation to come in last night. I didn't break in. that's on your staff not me," I smirk. Mr. Marsh shook his head.

"This time you both are off the hook," He says. Trey and I look at each other. Our eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?" I asked.

"The thing is, Valeriana. Something happened to your mom last night," He says before pausing to see my reaction. I purse my lips before eyeing the officer.

"Look whatever trouble she got her ass into, isn't my problem," I state.

"She passed last night," Mr. Marsh states softly. I look at him for a few seconds.

"Hmm?"

"She's dead," the principal states again.

"Right, that's what I thought I heard," I mutter. I nod my head. Did she overdose?

"Are you alright?" Shelly asked. I look at her. I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh god! My mamma! How did she die? Are you sure it was her? It can't be I just saw her this morning!" I fake cry. I stop before offering Shelly a smile. "Yep, it seems I am," I say. Trey chuckles before covering it with a cough.

"Valeriana, when was the last time you saw her? She overdosed on a bunch of pills. Did you know she was doing drugs?" Mr. Marsh asked.

"Like I said, that women's trouble isn't any of my business. I'm not her caretaker. How am I supposed to know what she does and when she does it?" I asked.

"This is a serious situation," Shelly says.

"Right, I'm sorry. I haven't seen the woman in maybe 4 months," I say before looking down at my lap. Nobody but Damien, Kolton, Chris, and Trey knew of my home situation. "What happens now?" I asked before looking at Mr. Marsh.

"Your brother has offered to take you in," the unknown woman says motioning to the brown-haired, green-eyed guy. The similar features we share make sense now.

"I have a brother?" I asked.

"6 actually," my brother says. My eyes widened before I frowned. How could my mother not tell me I had 6 fucking brothers. She kept me from my family. A family I had no idea about.

"I told you to be careful what you wish for," Trey says under his breath. I kicked him.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" I asked. Trey rolled his eyes before walking out of the office. He gave me one last look before walking away.