Chapter 52

Valeriana's pov

"Who is he?" Sophie asked. She was pointing at my brother's table. Trey was sitting with them. Matteo was showing him something. I look at Sophie.

"That is my brother," I state. Ellis, Jaylin and Sophie look at me weirdly.

"What do you mean brother? There is another Santorelli?" Jaylin asked. I shook my head.

"He is my half brother, he isn't a Santorelli, he has a different father. There is also his sister. They are living with us even though we only share a mother because of family and what not," I say.

"Wow, your mother was a child bearing machine, 9 kids?" Ellis asked. I nod my head.

"Yep, the bitch should have stopped after Matteo," I chuckle jokingly.

"I've been looking for you," Trey says before taking a seat next to me. I glance at him before smiling.

"You weren't looking that hard then. I'm right here," I state. Trey rolled his eyes. "This is Ellis, Jaylin, and Sophie, my friends. This is Trey," I introduce them. Trey nods at them. They smile at him.

"So the basketball game is this friday. Are you guys going?" Jaylin asked. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Why would we?" I asked.

"Ellis is playing. You didn't go to any of his other games this winter. The last game is a home game if you are interested," Jaylin informed me.

"I thought you were a football player?" I asked. Ellis chuckled.

"Yeah in the fall. Basketball in the winter and baseball in the spring," Ellis states. I nod my head slowly.

"I'll think about it. Wait, is that why we have spirit week this whole week? For the last home game?" I asked. My friends nod their head. I looked at Trey. He was already looking at me with a knowing look. We didn't know today was a pajama day or spirit week until we got to school today. We sure as hell are going all out the rest of the week.

"We'll be at the game," Trey and I say in sync.

"No trouble," Ellis says.

"We won't be at the game," Trey and I say. Ellis rolled his eyes. Jaylin smiled at me.

"What about a small victory prank?" I asked. Ellis raised an eyebrow.

"We can do the same thing we used for our last prank if you win. You'll love it," Trey says. I nod my head. We could add glitter to the confetti. Not the really fine glitter but the chunky glitter.

"Fine, but during the game try to stay still," Ellis says. I nod my head.

"I will, no trouble," I state.

~~~

After school I made it home before the guys. I rushed into the house. Nazario and Papà Santorelli were on the couch. Nazario looked at me.

"Why are you in a rush?" Zario asked. I stop walking before looking at him.

"I'm tired," I say. Zario raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure it isn't about the altercation you had at school today?" Nazario asked. My eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked walking closer to him. I sat down at the coffee table in front of him.

"Your principal called me since she couldn't reach Aurelio. She said you were a major problem today," Nazario says. I stare at him. My mind runs over everything I did today. Nothing bad happened today. I followed all the rules.