Chapter 54

Valeriana's pov

When I returned home I was drenched in blood. I had my cast covered so it was still clean. Aristo, Lucian, Valentino, Valerico, and Verena were watching a movie when I walked in. Well they were more like screaming at the tv for the main character being stupid in the horror movie. I roll my eyes at them.

"None of that blood better be yours," Aurelio says walking out of his office. I look down at me before looking up.

"It's not. Where's Trey?" I asked. My brothers look at me.

"Out back with Janessa. He refused to watch this movie with us. I don't know what his deal is but he totally flipped out when he realized it was a Horror movie," Matteo says. My jaw clenched before I nod. I jog up the stairs before getting into the shower. It takes a little longer to wash my hair and body with one arm but I manage. Once I was dressed I jog down the stairs and head to the back.

"Where are you going? Don't tell me you can't watch a horror movie either," Matteo says. I glare at him.

"Shut the hell up Matteo!" I shout before storming out of the house. Of course Trey wouldn't like horror movies. If Selene did what she did to me. Then she forced Trey to watch horror movies as a form of torture when he was younger. Terrify a kid with horror movies and that will mess them up for life especially if they had no choice to walk away or hide their face.

Janessa was playing in the dirt. Trey was kicking a ball around. When he sees me he stops. He nods at me. I bite the inside of my lip. He is good at hiding the abuse. I never thought anything of it ever. I walk over to him and hug him. Trey hugs me back. We don't say anything. Trey never does. Usually I will hug him when I need it and he doesn't ask. This time it was for him not me. I won't bring it up until he is ready. Hopefully I can hold out. Even if he doesn't know this hug is for him it is. We could have gone through this together if we knew we shared the same mother. We wouldn't have felt alone during the abuse. We would have had each other, but we never knew.

Arms wrapped around my legs. I look down and see Janessa. She smiled at me. I bend down and pick her up. Trey crossed his arms over his chest since I was no longer hugging him. At least Janessa wasn't around to endure the abuse. She was just ripped away from her brother and sent to live somewhere else.

"Are you going to play ball with us?" Janessa asked. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"It didn't look like you were playing with Trey," I say. Janessa smiled before pointing to the dirt. There was a messy dirt drawing.

"She got distracted," Trey laughs. I smile before putting Janessa down. She runs over to the ball and kicks it. Trey and I rush after her. She kicks the ball and it goes between two trees.

"Goal!" Janessa shouts. I laugh lightly. We ran around some more. Janessa, Trey and I all had smiles on our faces as we laughed and had fun. Trey and I may have not had a childhood but it was never too late to have fun with our younger sister. We can make sure she does get to have a nice childhood full of laughter and smiles.

After I couldn't bear running around anymore I took a seat on the ground. I should have sat down earlier but I didn't want to ruin their fun. I lean back against the tree and take a deep breath to try and catch my breath. Trey and Janessa sit next to me.

"You didn't have to keep running around like you did," Trey says. I look at him before sighing.

"I wanted to," I say. Trey nods slowly as he watches me try to catch my breath before looking at the ground with a frown.

"I'm sorry," Trey mumbled. I look back at Trey.

"There is nothing for you to be sorry for, Trey," I sigh. I wrap an arm around his shoulder.

"I should have known. Father's obsession with you. Always wanted to keep you close. Mother not being around when you are. They were absent two weeks before they got you then the whole week they had you they would come back and everything would be fine," Trey says.

"I'm sorry too," I say quietly. Trey tensed up. He heard me. He knows I know.

"You know, don't you?" Trey asked while looking at me. I glance at him for a few seconds before nodding.

"I know. You hid it well but I suspected it when you moved in then Mother confirmed it today," I lean my head against his. "We could have gone through this together if we knew. Helped each other out. She isolated us and made us feel as if we were alone when we weren't. We still had each other even if we didn't know."

"Even if it was planned I'm glad I met you," Trey says. I smile to myself.

"Me too... I have the answer as to why she did it if you are curious," I say hesitantly. I knew I always wanted to know but did Trey ever wonder why? Trey pulled his head away from mine before looking at me silently.

"I wanna know," Trey finally says before looking away. I bite the inside of my lip.

"She is jealous. My father and brothers had their attention on me. Then Chris had his attention on you. You had your attention on Janessa when she was born. She wanted the attention to be on her. Now it is. I sewed her mouth closed. I can continue giving her all the attention in the world and not hear her fucking voice again," I state. Trey sucked his lips into his mouth while nodding his head. "If you want in you can join us."

"I think I'm good. I don't want to have any more to do with her. I just want to stay away," Trey says. I nod my head. Trey opened his mouth before closing it. "What did he do to you?" Trey asked. I look at my broken arm.

"He broke my arm, hit me and stabbed me," I mutter. Trey looked at my arm.

"Why did he break your arm? Like was there a reason behind it?" Trey asked. I swallow the lump in my throat.

"There was a reason but I don't think you want to know the reason." my eyes went to Janessa. She was leaning against my side. She was sleeping lightly.

"I want to know. You didn't do anything to him for him to do this to you. You've helped him anytime he asked," Trey states. I let out a sigh.

"Each day I was there the more he took the next step to touch me. The third day was when he forced me to kiss him. I wouldn't open my mouth for him. Mother had her hand wrapped around my neck. So I couldn't breathe. Chris stabbed me in the side trying to get me to open up for him, but I didn't. Mother let my neck go causing me to breathe through my nose. She then plugged my nose to get me to open my mouth for Chris. Still I didn't open my mouth for him no matter how much I needed to breathe. Chris finally pulled away causing me to breathe but before I could reclose my mouth he got me. I bit his lip. His blood pooled in my mouth before he could pull away. So I spit it at him."

"Two days after that he tried to touch me where he shouldn't. Chris broke my arm when I got it free to shove him off me. I wasn't going to let him touch me. I got my arm free by accident. I got lucky. After that Chris and Mother thought it was best for me to rest. I knew I wasn't going to get lucky the next day. My father knew that as well. When I woke up the next day he was taking my beating. He wasn't going to let Chris try to touch me again. Your father's obsession with me is because he's a fucking pervert," I state. Trey tightened his arm around me.

"I don't want anything to do with her but Chris I want in on," Trey says. I smirk while nodding my head.

"I can have a separate room arranged for you," I state. Trey nods his head. He stands up before picking Janessa up. He held out a hand for me. I grab his hand and he pulls me up. We walked into the house. Our brothers were still watching horror movies. Trey and I put our heads down before we rush past them and up the stairs.