Chapter 37

Valeriana's pov

After dinner Santino and Camelia started a fire in the fire pit. Matteo and Valentino were setting up a target for their friends. We were going to throw knives at it. My dad and papà seem to be getting along well with my older brothers. Aurelio invited them because he wanted to try and get to know them after he made a judgy comment about them yesterday and I got angry at him and stormed off. Gianna, Miss Wells, Alvaro, Camelia were all playing with Janessa. They were playing tag with her. They weren't anywhere near where we were going to throw knives so we were good.

"Ha, Told you I could get three bullseyes!" Valerico shouts. I glance at the target. My eyebrow raised as I saw the knives were on the edge of the center target.

"Barely," I laugh. Valerico's jaw dropped. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'd like to see you do better," He taunted. I smirked at him before stepping so I was in front of the target. I keep my eyes locked on Valerico. With a flick of my wrist I threw the first knife before the second and third. By the shocked look on my brother's face I knew I hit the target. I mean I didn't even need to see his reaction to know I hit it.

"Damn, that was hot," Verena says.

"My turn, retrieve your knives from the target and clear the way for me," Valentino says. I roll my eyes before grabbing my knives and Valerico's. I handed him his knives and he snatched them from me before grumbling at me. He wasn't happy I was better at this than him. Matteo got one in the center before throwing the next knife. It hit the first knife before shooting up and sticking into the branch of the tree above the target.

"That was my favorite knife!" I shout while hitting Valentino. He gave me an apologetic look.

"Sorry. How was I supposed to know that would happen? I bet you can't get it back," he smirks. I glare at him before scanning the tree. There weren't any branches lower to get onto. My eyes landed on the wall we had near the tree. I don't know the purpose of the wall but it was useful at the moment. I ran towards the wall before jumping. My leg foot pushed me off the wall giving me a little more height to grab the ledge. I pulled myself up and grabbed a branch that was in reach. I pull myself up once more before I move between branches until I reach my knife. I pull it from the tree. My eyes land on Valentino as I wave it before I throw it towards him. It lands in the ground near his foot. He jumped back.

As I start my way between branches carefully. My eyes land on a small group in the distance. They held guns in their hands as they scanned the area as they got closer to the house. A frown took over my face. There was a logo on their jacket that caught my eyes. There was a local gang around here. I heard of them from Damien. They weren't that big of a gang but they were powerful with the few members they had. They had around 100 members.

"Get to the house, Now!" I shout down at the boys. I wasn't within hearing distance to the gang. I quickly drop from the tree as the guys rush towards the house. They were yelling at the others to get inside. They all rush to the house. Kolton picks Janessa up before rushing inside. I make it into the house last before slamming the door behind me. I rush towards the stairs.

"What's wrong?" Aurelio shouted at me. I didn't answer, causing a herd of footsteps to chase after me. I make it to my room before I reach under the bed and pull out a case. I unlock it before grabbing an assault rifle. "What the hell are you doing? Your teacher is here!" Aurelio quietly gritted out.

"I fucking know that. I doubt the damn group of armed men outside will give a damn who is in here," I snapped before heading towards the window. My curtains were closed so I had to be careful when looking out of the window.

"How many?" Aurelio asked.

"I didn't stop to fucking count, Aurelio," I say. They were gone. Out of sight. I move from the room. Aurelio grabbed my arm before pulling me back. "Don't touch me!" I snapped while ripping my arm out of his hold. I shove past the group before going to the hallway window. I peer out of it. My eyes searched everywhere they could be hiding. Once I spotted one the others were easier to spot. "15 on this side," I say. "Where are your guards?" I asked.