Chapter 111 - 120

Chapter 111: Grandson

Li Qing He didn't bother to ask about the meaning implied in her words, but her attitude was much colder than before.

Seeing this, Mrs. Zhou was a little flustered. She smiled and said, "Seems like my Qing He is angry with me."

Li Qing He straightened up and patted her back, "No."

"That's good. You didn't let us inside the house, it looked like you were quite angry." She sighed, "We're all family, it's best to talk about things face to face. What happened yesterday was indeed your big brother-in-law's fault, but when someone is anxious and in a state of panic, they say things they clearly don't mean. You shouldn't take those words seriously, don't you think so?"

"Right." Li Qing He didn't refute, "But I told you yesterday, you can come inside my house anytime and I won't kick you out even if you want to stay with us for a long time. But one thing is that we can't have a good relationship with the eldest brother-in-law's family. In the future, please don't speak well of him in front of us either. I'm not happy to hear about him. I'm a person who can talk with anyone freely but once I decide not to communicate with them anymore then I won't. It's useless for anyone to try to change my mind on that."

Seeing that her attitude was really cold, Mrs. Zhou became a little anxious, "No, we are all a family, sometimes someone may be wrong and someone may be right. Your eldest brother-in-law and sister-in-law know that they were in the wrong. They were going to leave yesterday night but to apologize to you they didn't return and decided to stay behind and spend an extra night."

"I'm not saying they're right, either. I'm not asking you to have a good relationship, but they are brothers, and they should look out for each other." She looked at Zhou Chengkang, "Chengkang, what do you think about this?"

Zhou Chengkang raised his eyes to look at her, "I also think what Qing He said is right. Mother, I think you should stop talking about this matter. If I don't follow your words then you would feel that I'm the disobedient one. I don't think it will do us all any good if you keep carrying on to stretch this matter."

He paused for a moment and said, "If you don't speak anything about it, then I'll go and open the door of my house for you now. But if you continue doing it, then it would be more comfortable for you to go back and live with the third brother and his family."

Mrs. Zhou's complexion changed slightly. After hearing his words, the last trace of hope also disappeared from her heart. She sighed and said, "I'll tell your big brother and the rest to visit you all later, and you should consider..."

Li Qing He could not hear it anymore and asked directly, "What do we need to think about?"

"You asked us to come to celebrate the New Year together. You are also very well aware of how the past few years have gone. Let's not talk about the previous issue, just take yesterday's issue. I don't think we did anything wrong. It's not us who should think more. Anyway, the fifth sister is already married, so there's no need to spend New Year together anymore. If you arrange to celebrate together next year, then we will not be coming. It should be a joyous occasion to celebrate New Year, but for the past few years it turned out to be very sour and annoying."

Mrs. Zhou didn't expect Li Qing He could speak so mercilessly because of a casual remark. It was completely different from her usual gentle temperament. It was quite a shock, since Li Qing He had never been this rude to her before.

It was also the time she realized that her youngest daughter-in-law could also make her choke on her own words, or that she could become unrecognizable when her bottom line was touched.