Chapter 681 - 704

Chapter 681 – Plump

"Actually, Zhenzhen had symptoms for quite some time, but we didn't pay much attention to them. Ever since Zhenzhen was born, I've always spoiled her. Maybe it's because she's the first child and a girl. My own childhood was difficult as the eldest daughter, so when she was born, I wanted to treat her as well as I could.

Her father is the same; he spoils her even more than her younger brother. He always gave her the best food, and he bought her everything she wanted. Zhenzhen didn't seem to care about gaining weight; she loved to eat. She would eat more at every meal than I did. Perhaps because she ate so much, she was chubby from a young age. She got bigger and rounder, and everyone said our child was blessed.

But who could have anticipated that a while ago, she started complaining of hunger all the time, even though she was eating a lot. She felt like she couldn't get full. Strangely, the more she ate, the thinner she became. She may look plump now, but she used to be even heavier. She's already lost weight compared to before.

At first, we didn't think much of it. We assumed she was just being greedy. However, recently, she started experiencing other symptoms – nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and excessive sleepiness. She sleeps so deeply that we can't wake her up.

That's when we began to suspect that something was wrong, but medical examinations at local hospitals couldn't identify the cause. We had no choice but to come to the capital for further examination..."

As Sun Shengnan spoke, her expression showed deep concern.

Lu Xia listened and furrowed her brow. She had never heard of such a condition before. She consoled them, saying, "Don't worry. We know people at both the city hospital and the military hospital. Tomorrow, we'll take Zhenzhen to see the doctors.
Beijing has some of the best doctors in the country. They'll definitely be able to diagnose Zhenzhen's condition."

Hearing this, Sun Shengnan and her husband felt relieved. "Thank you so much. Without you, we wouldn't know what to do."

Lu Xia shook her head and replied, "Sister Shengnan, don't be so polite. The guest room is ready. You should get some rest tonight, and we'll go to the hospital early tomorrow. It's the weekend, and we'll have time."

"Okay!"

Afterward, Lu Xia took them to the guest room. Seeing how well it had been prepared, Sun Shengnan was even more moved. However, she didn't say anything, as the most important thing was to treat Zhenzhen's illness.

...

The next day, Lu Xia woke up early. It was then that she met the newly awakened Zhenzhen. Despite Sun Shengnan's claim that she had lost weight, Zhenzhen still appeared quite plump, almost big enough to fit two Kang Kangs. Lu Xia couldn't help but wonder how she looked before her weight loss.

It seemed that Sun Shengnan had prepared Zhenzhen for their arrival, as she greeted Lu Xia as "Auntie" with a soft voice and a somewhat subdued spirit, making her appear rather pitiable.

After a simple breakfast, Lu Xia and Jiang Junmo accompanied them to the hospital. They decided to go directly to the military hospital.

The previous evening, they had discussed it and decided that it was best to go to the military hospital, as the diagnosis for Zhenzhen's condition was not yet certain, and the hospital had more authoritative doctors.

Jiang Junmo had already spoken with Aunt Jiang early that morning, so they didn't waste any time and went straight to the hospital.

Upon their arrival at the hospital, they sought out Aunt Jiang. She had already heard about the child's symptoms and introduced them to Dr. Liao, the head of the pediatric department.