Chapter 481 - 520

Chapter 481 – Teaching Ye Lin Makeup

Before, Ye Nan had told her cousin Ye Lin about the promise to teach makeup over the weekend.

Ye Lin was thrilled and couldn't wait. She arrived at Lu Xia's house the next day.

However, she was stopped outside the compound and couldn't enter.

Lu Xia received a call from the gatekeeper and went to escort her inside.

Perhaps it was her first time in such a place, and Ye Lin was very curious but also a little nervous. She didn't dare to look around too much and walked cautiously.

Seeing this, Lu Xia tried to talk to her to help her relax.

"How did you decide to learn makeup?"

Upon hearing this question, Ye Lin's eyes lit up instantly.

"I like people who look good. When I was a child, I envied the beautiful women in the magazines. As I grew up and struggled with my studies and job searches, I thought about learning makeup. If I learn makeup, I can help others look beautiful.

"Unfortunately, there were no schools for learning makeup. Later, I found someone who specializes in bridal makeup and paid to learn for a while. As you can see, I ended up like this..."

Lu Xia laughed upon hearing her words, confirming that she indeed loved makeup.

"Alright, you can learn from me, but I have to be upfront, I don't know a lot."

"It's okay, it's already great that you're willing to teach me. I can pay for the lessons."

Lu Xia shook her head. "No need for payment. What I know is easy to learn, no complicated techniques."

But this was someone else's skill. Ye Lin wanted to say something, but considering Lu Xia's living situation, she held back. She planned to compensate her in other ways in the future.

Lu Xia was unaware of her thoughts.

After arriving home, there weren't many people at home at the moment. Grandpa Jiang and Kang Kang had gone visiting, Jiang Junmo had gone to school to continue working on design drawings with his classmates, and the three children had just finished drinking milk and were being put to sleep by the nanny. So, there weren't many people in the living room.

Lu Xia started teaching her in the living room.

Ye Lin had brought a comprehensive set of makeup products, so Lu Xia didn't need to prepare anything.

She handed her a mirror and started teaching directly.

"Let's start by learning to put makeup on yourself.

In makeup, the first thing is to know what suits you and what you want to look like. The essence of makeup is to enhance your beautiful features and conceal the less favorable ones. That's what makes you look good, not just aiming for fair skin, which looks artificial and rigid.

So, the first thing in makeup is to observe the face shape and the advantages and disadvantages of the entire face."

Ye Lin looked at herself in the mirror, frowned, feeling a bit lost.

Lu Xia also looked at her and smiled, saying, "You've probably looked at yourself for a long time, and you're too familiar with your appearance to pay much attention. So, let me ask you this: what do you think is the most beautiful and the least satisfactory part of your face?"

Ye Lin thought for a moment. "My eyes? And my skin color?"

Lu Xia nodded. She was right. Her eyes were big, probably the most striking feature of her face. But her skin color was a bit dark.