CHAPTER 2

I was sitting down on Dad's revolving chair in his huge office with the room as cold as the North Pole. Thank God I was wearing a faded blue jeans jacket,a deep blue inner top but a white mini skirt and a white canvas to match didn't make it less cold.

"Faster Kyle" I said as he spinned me round on the chair.

"K. But you're going to spin me the next time" he said as he turned the chair again.

After the chair came to a halt, I got down from it and Kyle hopped on and I instantly spun the chair round with him laughing uncontrollably and seeing him laughing that much made me laugh too.

And I know what you're thinking, we behave too childish but we just can't help it.

My brother and I act like four year olds anytime we're together and we end up doing silly things for teens our age.

Kyle always keeps a straight face at school but that always changes when I'm with him and no doubt Kyle is the best brother ever. And I know that Kyle would kill for me if he could.

Once, after begging Dad to finally let me walk to defence class for the first time, I had a phone call and was rummaging my bag for the phone when I accidentally stepped on a guys toe.

"I'm so sorry " I said as I looked up to see Matt.

"Hi Katie" he said with a smile completely ignoring the fact that I just stepped on his toe.

"Matt, hi" I said and we started walking slowly as we conversed and I'm pretty sure I saw Matt going to the opposite direction.

"So, where you off to ?" He asked and I panicked a little trying to come up with a sensible excuse.

You see, Dad doesn't want anyone to know that my brother and i attend defence classes incase we're kidnapped,
The kidnappers would take it easy on us  and would not harm us. Yeah, that's his reason.

"I'm going to the gym. Need to burn those extra calories" I said and then gave an awkward laugh. Did he buy it?

"OK. Well happy exercising even though your body's great." He said with a smile indicating that he was convinced and I felt the tips of my ears heat up.

Matt was a colleague, let me put it that way. We never really had conversations like this one infact, we never really spoke to each other at all if not for group projects and assignments.

He had black hair and honey coloured brown eyes and was kinda cute though I didn't have a crush on him.

"But I could escort you to the gym if you want. I mean I don't have any car waiting on me". He said making me now realise that he was walking instead of riding a car like he does to school.

"Where is your car?"I turned to ask him  after looking round to see that he indeed had no car waiting.

He had a sports car that his millionaire Dad bought for him on his 17th birthday  party last month and of course the wonder twins were invited. And frankly speaking, that birthday party was one of the best. I mean which party would you find a dolphin in the swimming pool or have Taylor Swift perform 'you belong with me' at your backyard, it was epic.

Matt just leaned closer and whispered "I snuck out"

My eyes widened "What?, you could get grounded for this"

"Grounded?, please. I'm seventeen not seven" he said with a scoff. "But no one will know if you don't tell" he said with a wink and I huffed. This guy was something.

"Well gotta run, I've stayed out long enough and Dad could be back any minute" he said with a smile and jogged off.

I looked at his figure growing smaller and smaller till he was out off sight and sighed before going to my classes in which the building was designed to look like a coffee shop for only millionaire's to keep others away.