CHAPTER 6

The maids were busily bringing Dad's bags from upstairs for his flight a few hours from now. Today was the day for him to leave for the ball and also the day for our awards night

"Don't forget kids, Ella would go with you to school so behave and do whatever she tells you to" Dad said as he directed Francis to pick up a bag and send it into the car.

"Come on Dad this is not the first time you've left us with Ella" I said and gave him a peck on his cheek

"I'd be back on Monday expecting to hear how this night went" he said giving Kyle a fist bump and giving us hugs with kisses.

"I will miss you so much" he said after we pulled away

"Dad" I chuckled "you'd only be gone for like two or three days"

"For me it feels like two weeks" he said making us laugh

"And Kyle, take care of your sister" he added and Kyle nodded already ready to perform his assignment

"Even if I'm not with her, I'll still be there with her. In other words I'd watch our princess like a hawk" he said while giving Dad a wink and Dad reacted by giving a thumbs up

The Wilson men.

He left after we had hugged again and we'd said our goodbyes. Just then Ella walked in all dressed so beautifully for the event. Her blonde hair tied in its usual pontail. That's where I got my habit of tying my hair in a ponytail from.

Ella was so beautiful, everyman wanted her. You'd see letters, cupcakes, heart shaped balloons and fruits in her office every morning from admirers.

I infact was an admirer. Ever since I was little I'd always wish to grow up to be just like Ella. Her sense of fashion, beauty and wise nature always made me wish that she was my Mom.

"Are you kids ready?" She asked looking at her phone. No ipad today.

"Almost" I answered getting ready for scolding and I knew Kyle was too

"What!"she exclaimed while looking up from her phone "I'm giving not more than twelve minutes for you two to run upstairs, get changed and run back down. Do you understand?" She asked witha stern face on and Kyle and I run upstairs obeying orders

This was going to be a long night

The school's car park was filled with different types of expensive cars and it was a bit difficult to find space. Francis finally found a spot to park at and we got out and entered the building. There, parents were chatting while drinking expensive wine from trays served by waiters and we somehow managed to secure a seat infront even though we were like twenty minutes late.

After sitting for like almost an hour dying of boredom, Mr.Collins came up on stage holding a mic and spoke into it.

"Welcome our honoured dear guardians to the awards night of Emill High where some very deserving students will receive awards for all their hard work and efforts"

"It's not like the students who don't receive awards tonight aren't hardworking or anything like that. It's just that they need to put more efforts in their works" he added awkwardly since he thought he'd probably offend some parents and students and truthfully, he did.

Some parents were looking at him with looks that said 'if my child doesn't get an award I would end your life'

He gulped and then looked at the card in his hand

"For being punctual and regular to school always I present this award to Roselyn steel and hope she keeps on the positive attitude. Can Roselyn's mother or father join her up on stage as she receives her award". Mr. Collins said as a shy Roselyn walked up on stage with her Mom behind her.