CHAPTER 5

"So don't forget to submit your assignments tomorrow and have a great day" the chemistry teacher concluded as the bell rang for lunch time and everyone packed their bags and headed for the cafeteria.

I was still packing my bag when someone put a bag of. . pastries on my table and I looked up to see the birthday boy with a smirk.

"What's this Luke?" I asked as I put my bag on and looked at the bag and then at him.

"Just a little treat for you to taste how wonderful the pastries would be like at my party this evening. The last one's always the best" he said with that stupid smirk on and he was about to leave when I called him

"Hey Luke"i said and he turned round with a what look on his face

I rolled my eyes and forced myself to say " Happy Birthday"

He raised a brow as If asking me If I meant it like the other years and I just grabbed my Alapti pastries and walked out of the classroom not ready for another annoying Luke episode.

I reached the cafeteria and saw that Freddie and Kyle had already saved space for me and I walked over and took my seat as Kyle looked curiously at the bag

"I didn't know that the school sold Alapti pastries in the cafeteria" Kyle said as I took out the box and opened it to reveal beautifully decorated cupcakes

Just then a smile formed on my lips and I looked at Kyle trying to hide the smile

"Actually Luke gave them to me" I said and Kyle's eyes widened and Freddie choked on her rice. I had to pat her back for the grains to leave her wind pipe and she drank water after that.

"No sister of mine is going to eat anything from that boy" Kyle said but it was too late, I was already having a bite from the first cupcakes out of the four and he sighed.

"He managed to figure out your weakness at the bakery didn't he?"

"More like I sort of gave it away" I admitted and Freddie took one cupcake.

"Want one?" I asked and he vigorously shook his head.

"I'm not dying now. I have about Ninety-nine years more for me to leave this earth and I'm not planning on shortening it" he answered while eating his lunch

"Don't worry girl if you're dying I'm dying with you" Freddie said while picking up her second cupcake and I looked at her strangely before picking up the last one.

Just as I was about to eat it I saw Luke from the corner of my eye looking at me. It felt weird so I removed my attention from him before taking a bite and it was heavenly. I guess he was right, the last ones are always the best.

Just then my teeth hit something so hard in the cupcake that could chip a tooth.

"Ouch" I said and took out a tissue from my bag and spat the cupcake inside to see, what?, a freaking diamond.

I immediately took a fork and a knife and cut the cupcake into pieces as Kyle and Freddie watched on, not knowing what was going on.

And my hunch was right, dozens of huge diamonds had been placed comfortably in the cupcake and Freddie gasped in horror.

"Which psyco would do such a thing?"

"The only psyco we know named Luke" I answered as I turned to see him already staring at us with his famous evil smirk on after he had successfully troubled us.

"Idiot" I mouthed to him and got up. I had lost my appetite.

I looked at myself in the mirror with my hair tied in a ponytail and applied light makeup on. I wasn't really a fan of it so applied it only when I had to. I knew all the girls there would put it on so heavily that their faces would either turn to look like barbie dolls or witches. I'm saying this because of what I'd seen.