CHAPTER 11

He suddenly slanted his head back as if he'd thought of something

"Were there days when your Dad came home looking stressed as if he'd been back from a fight?" He asked and I thought that question didn't need to be asked

"Of course there were days. I mean people get stressed when they come home from work, right?" I also asked

"But it's not everyday, on such days did he reveal who or which people were bothering him?" He asked again but I shook my head

"Dad never revealed any problem that he had at work. He said they were unnecessary and would only cause madness" I replied and Jason freed his hands from his pocket and crossed it over his chest. I'm sure they were happily singing 'Hallelujah'.

"But do you think there was something seriously wrong about those days?" He asked but I shook my head again but then remembered something . I remember the day Dad got the letter which contained the invitation for the ball, the message he received that made him tense up.

I opened his laptop while he wasn't looking, dialed in his password and read through the message which he hadn't exited. I know I was being nosy that time but I'm glad that I was

"The night before Dad went for the Mr and Mrs CEO Ball, he had such days and couldn't stop glaring at his laptop. I remember trying to peek at it and saw a danger sign with a message attached to it. It somehow looked like a threat now thinking about it" I said and suddenly Jason seemed to show interest

"What did it say?" He asked eagerly and I tried recalling

"I came up to you nicely with a proposal but you immediately rejected it. I felt so embarrassed and vowed to myself to make you you regret it, look Alive David. From 'A' " I said remembering what I had seen word for word.

Why hadn't I paid attention to such a message?, it was obviously a threat that I had taken lightly. I even forgot to read Dad's reply.

"So now we know what we have to do" Jason said as he looked at the huge building and I nodded.

"We're going to find out who 'A' is" I said also looking at the building

"Lead the way" he said gesturing me to go first like a gentleman and I took a deep Breath and we entered the building together.

Inside Dad's company, I was treated like a princess and everyone who saw me had to stop and greet before continuing whatever they were up to. They obviously had no idea that Kyle was missing and and asked how he was faring. I who didn't know how he was just said he was fine.

We entered the elevator and went up to the eleventh floor where the CEO's office was. I scanned my palm on the pad and the door opened and closed behind us as we stepped into Dad's huge office.

Dad would've hated it for me to bring a stranger in his office but Jason was helping us and he had to know where Dad worked.

"So this is your Dad's office?" He asked and I nodded

"It's pretty big" he added and I gave small smile as I looked around. I hadn't been here in weeks, and I hadn't seen my family in days. Especially Dad, it was kinda tough for me.

"So what do we do now?" I asked and he stood there thinking. We hadn't thought of what we'd do once we got in.

"Let's go to the security room" I suggested

"It contains footages of what happens in the company from the first floor to the last and even extends to the outside" I added and he nodded as I lead the way to the security room.

The room was very big and contained thousands of huge monitors and keyboards. We made sure the coast was clear before getting in. I took a seat on one of the chairs while Jason stood beside me with his usual pose. Hands in pocket.