Chapter2: symbol

My head started throbbing! I had the worst headache ever. opening my eyes I laid in bed. I felt cool air, suddenly I got up which didn't help my migraine.

The window next to my bed was open. I raised my brow, that's window wasn't open. i didn't give it much thought and closed it.

Danny and Sebastian were fighting again, when you can hear them from the next room... it's bad. I pounded on the wall.

" GUYS! Shut up and come over here." if got quite and soon enough they came storming in the apartment screaming at each other.

I already had a headache and now these losers are going to make it worst. " you started it!" Danny said. Sebastian looked at him eagerly and annoyed.

" It was my turn !!" I rubbed my head trying to stay cool. " guys, calm your selfs." they kept yelling at each other. " IF YOU DONT SHUT UP, IM GOING TO RIP OUR STUPID LITTLE HEADS OFF!"

They crossed there arms and sat down on the couch. calmly I took a seat in front of them. " now, what's the problem?" they looked at each other.

At ones they started talking. when I looked at both of them intensity they shut up. " Danny, talk." he swallowed nervously.

" I want to watch TV, so I on paused Sebastian's video game. Then he got really mad at me for pausing his game." I shook my head. " ok."

"Now, Sebastian. talk." he in crossed his arms and talked. " I was on level 28 eight took me three months to get to that level and he goes and pauses it just because he wants to watch TV!" He said.

" Okay simple the answer is that you Danny, need to get a new TV in your room." both of them made a O with there mouth. guys are so stupid.

" Your so smart, and pretty. and smart!!" I got up and went to the fridge to get some orange juice. " you want me to buy your Tv, right?" He smiled.

" Please!!!!!" I laughed hysterically. " You very funny, if you honestly think I'm going to buy you some stupid flat screen."

I took a glass and poured the cold OJ. it was sweet and sour at the same time, delicious. Danny started yelling again, all I did was put my head phones on and fell asleep on the sofa next to the window.

Knock knock!

I heard at the door. I got up from comfortable spot and opened the door. there was a huge box in the door way. it was under my name, that's weird I never bought anything.

The label said it was from the university. oohh! I was expecting some books, I brought the package into my room.

The light from outside shined from the window to the room. I grabbed my pocket knife and sliced the tape on the box.

When I opened it there were stacks of old books. these books would be about hundreds of years. I was so fascinated by the covers, but there was one that bought my eye.

It was all leather with thread so onto the spiral on the side. It had weird symbols and features. there was a letter sting attached to it. I removed the string and opened the book. the sheets were thin as can be, see through even.

Turning every page, there were symbols and a different language. it looked like Latin. my Latin wasn't that great I have to say.

On one of the pages there was a drawing, of a wild wolf. it said..

(Latin)-
erunt duo in luna plena viam invenient.

It took me a while to figure out what the sentence means. it said.

" When the moon is full the two will find their way."

This book was written is 1645, back then there were legends about creatures including vampires, werewolf, witch craft, shape shifters. there are so much more.

I am studying to be a runologist. the study of ancient symbols and craft. it just fascinated me so much. I was surprised when NYCU taught that topic, things are very different now.

For a whole hour I looked through every single book but nothing was so interesting as the brown leather book.

It was so intriguing!

*NEXT DAY*

My alarm actually woke me up this time. today was my first day at the university. I couldn't be late!

Put all my books, notepads and computer in my bag. the brown leather book sat on my night stand. I had to take it with me.

Setting it in my bag I grabbed my phone and I was out the door. this time I wasn't going in my car today.

I saw a taxi right in front of the building. I stepped on the curb and lifted my arm.

" Taxi!" I yelled. he soon enough came. I sat in the car, I looked around it. the car was clean and smelled like green pine.

" Where too miss?" I took out my phone. " New York University, please."
He gave me a smile. we had a good talk during the ride.

Was the traffic always this bad. people literally wanting to climb out there windows to yell at the other drivers.

New York was filled with some strange places and even people. The thing I love about this place that its weird, you can find graffiti all over walls, building and bathrooms. The weird is what I live for.

The car stopped. " we're here miss." i gave the cab $10 bucks and thanked him.

Walking to the big building I saw, the really hot guy from the office. he saw me and waved, I didn't know his name and still I felt butterflies in my stomach. but why?

" Hey." he said. His husky voice made me get goose bumps. " hi." I said with a smile.

He was wearing a leather tight jacket that showed his muscles. " I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself, I'm hunter."

Something was definitely wrong with body, I wanted to just get on him and leave a trail of kisses on him.

" So, welcome. What's your major?" I took out my paper with all my classes. " History, ancient stuff." he laughed.

" I'm the same. I'm studying to be a runologist." I was shocked, this guy! Oh my gosh. " really, that's really weird. me too." while not paying attention my brown leather book fell out.

Hunter got down and picked it up. " Nice book." his eyes widened when looking at it. " yeah, it's a weird one. its from the year 1645." my voice amazed.

" Wow." he turned to a page with a bunch words that I did t understand. it was in Latin, again. " it came yesterday. on one of the pages it talked about werewolves. it said, when the moon is full the two will find there way. isn't that creepy."

" Yes it is." he said. " it looks like witch craft. maybe spells?" I laughed. " there all legends and stuff, it's not real. even sometimes I wish they were."

He closed the book. " what if I ever told you I was a some weird creature?" Hunter smiled.

" I would treat you no differently then the rest of all the people." I said. his eyes came to lust.

" That's good to know, Emily."

___________________________
Thanks for reading guys ! Hoped you liked it. comment and vote.

Until next time~ Kim 📖