Chapter One: Summer

I winced as EJ slammed a hand down on the horn of my car.

"Let's go, let's go!' He called, his arm draped over the back of my seat, "last one in's a rotten egg. And that's no yolk."

I burst out laughing as Ashlyn climbed into the back seat, where Carlos and Kourtnee were already waiting for her. 

"Ugh, he's on a dad joke kick 'cause he and mom are talking us all on a road trip." Ashlyn explained. 

"That is completely false," He denied, "And I just have one question. "What's orange and sounds like a parrot? A carrot!" 

I shook my head, grinning as I grabbed his face between my hands. 

"You're a dork, and I love you!" I exclaimed, kissing him briefly.

"Ugh, is it just me, or has Me-J gotten more disgusting since the reconciliation?" Carlos asked. 

"Its not just you." Ashlyn agreed. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, does this disgust you?" I asked, gesturing between EJ and I. "Babe, they think we're disgusting."

"Aw, Babe, that makes me so sad."

"I know, it makes me sad too." I said obnoxiously. "But you know what would make me feel better?"

I kissed him again, both of us trying to be as obnoxious about it as possible as the other three screamed in disgusted horror. 

"Oh my gosh, stop! I will literally pay you money to stop that, right now!" Ashlyn begged. 

I laughed, leaning back in the passenger's seat and leaning my head in my hand. 

"Just for a final headcount, who's not here?" EJ asked, getting serious. 

"Big Red's gotta work." Ashlyn reminded us. 

"Sebbie's gotta milk." Carlos added. 

"Nini's with her moms." 

"Oh, and Ricky's with-"

EJ hit the horn again, and we both turned around, giving Carlos a harsh look. 

"This is my car," I reminded him, "Rule #1, of being in my car?" I gestured to EJ to answer that question.

"We don't say her name." EJ said seriously. "And why are you all coming to the world's greatest camp for two weeks?"

"Because there's a secret celebrity!" They all exclaimed in squeaky unison. 

"Oh. I was actually looking for 'because we all love each other' and something, something 'Wildcats!'."

"Yes." Ashlyn agreed. 

"That's what I would've said." I assured him. He smiled, reaching over and putting a hand on my knee. "Gina! Are you coming?!"

Gina ran down the sidewalk of Ashlyn's house, tossing her bag in the trunk and shutting it before climbing into the middle row of seats. 

"There she is," Kourtnee said, "Ok braids!" 

"Gina!" 

"How are you so cute?" I asked, turning around to look at her. "Like seriously, the most gorgeous human there has ever been." 

"Oh stop." She said, waving me off. 

"Let's go!" 

"Woo!" 

"Megan, do you have the playlist?" EJ questioned. I shot him a look. 

"What kind of question is that?" I asked, plugging my phone into the aux cord and pulling up my 'Summer Road Trip' playlist, beginning first and foremost with 'What Time Is It?' from High School Musical 2.