Chapter Eighteen: Its On

"Dewey says hop on one foot." Dewey called into his megaphone.

"Hey Dewey?" Ricky asked. "Is Simon gonna sue you for stealing his game?"

"I don't know Simon personally." Dewey said dryly. I shook my head as I hopped beside him.

"Breaking news, Dewey Wood locks Simon of Simon Says in his basement." Ricky said, causing Gina to laugh. 

Dewey smiled, lifting the whistle to his mouth and blowing it. 

"You're out. Buh, bye. Dewey says stop."

Ricky walked off to the side, moving to stand beside EJ.

"Dewey says hop on one foot." We all started hopping again. "Dewey says stop. Dewey says dance like you're at the camp prom."

I fell into some obnoxious dance moves.

"What did you say?" Ashlyn asked, prompting Dewey to blow his whistle at her, "Did he say there's a camp prom?"

"You." He waved her off. "Stop." 

He blew the whistle again as another yellow team member got out, leaving just Gina, Maddox, Jet, and I in the game.

"Dewey says spin in a circle." He said. "Simon says stop." 

Gina came to a stop.

"Oh! I'm Dewey, not Simon. You two, you're out! Dewey says that is a great victory for the Yellow Team. Congrats you three." 

"Wow," Maddox said, coming over to Jet, "Hello new person who's trying really hard today."

"He's killing it, right?" I asked putting my hands on his shoulders. 

"Let's keep it going!" Jet said joyfully, holding up a hand to her. She looked at him hesitantly before high fiving him, and he walked off to join the rest of the team on the sidelines. 

"Dewey says get ready for the climbing wall next. We're having fun."

"Did he say 'climbing wall'?" I turned around to see Kourtnee with a terrified look on her face. I walked over, suddenly remembering her fear of heights.

"You don't have to do it if you're not ready, Kourt." I told her, putting a hand on her shoulder. 

"I'll meet you guys there." EJ said, turning to walk back towards the barn. 

"Dude, where are you always going?" Ricky asked, turning around to look at him.

"Just getting everything ready for the show." He told him. 

"You can do that at night?" Carlos asked.

"Well, Ms. Jenn thinks its better to push-" He cut himself off, his eyes widening. 

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed. EJ chuckled nervously.

~~~

EJ and I stood at the front of the room in the barn, watching as the others sat on the stage with Ms. Jenn, all excitedly talking at once. 

"Way to keep the secret there, Eeg." I said, lightly bumping his side. He sighed, glancing over at me. "Its fine! They're excited she's here! And like I said, you're not doing nearly as bad as you think you are." 

Ms. Jenn applauded, cutting them off.

"Wildcats!" 

"What are you doing here?" Carlos asked, sitting on the piano bench. 

"EJ asked me for a couple directing pointers and I had already been back from my Caribbean cruise for 15 minutes, so I drove here."

"Wow."