Chapter Ten: Love Is An Open Door

"Welcome to the first Frozen read-through!" EJ announced, as we all got set up. "Uh, young Elsa and Young Anna are on a nature field trip, and will catch up with us tomorrow." 

"I'll take it from here, RJ, thank you." Corbin said, patting his shoulder as he walked into the circle. 

"EJ." I said. Corbin and the camera turned on me.

"What?"

"His name is EJ?" I corrected. "Not RJ." 

He nodded, seemingly somewhere between off-put and intrigued by my low-key hostility. 

"Right," He said, "Sorry. Alright, Camp Shallow Lake! I am pumped to be back for this full day of rehearsal. Figured with opening night only 10 days away."

"Ten days away?!" Ricky exclaimed.  "That's a reason to celebrate. Bring it in."

He stood up, going to hug Corbin. I furrowed my eyebrows. Corbin laughed uncomfortably.

"Thanks." He said, avoiding the hug. Ricky sat down beside me again and I elbowed him, shooting him a questioning look. He shrugged. "Look, I understand that some of you know me as a name and not a person. But I'm just a regular guy who buys his groceries at Erewhon and has a personal trainer like anybody else. I'm here to capture some behind-the-scenes footage, so think of me as a fly on the wall. Be yourselves. Let's have some fun, yeah?"

"Yeah baby!' Ricky exclaimed. "Let's hug it out, bring it in. Come on." 

"And there you have it folks," He turned to the camera, avoiding Ricky's hug, "The very first camp read-through of Frozen. Let the show begin."

~~~

"Elsa?!" I exclaimed. 

"Anna takes a step towards Elsa." Val read. 

"Don't come near me." Kourtnee replied. 

"Pause," Corbin said, gesturing at us. He came over, urging the camera man to follow him, "Sounds like you two really felt that moment. Let's unpack what you're channeling."

He crouched down behind us. 

"Let me guess," The camera man said, "Real life relationship troubles. You both like the same person and its causing tension. Maybe its...this guy."

He turned the camera on Carlos. 

"Yes, its me. The notorious womanizer of the group." Carlos said dryly. Kourtnee and I both burst out laughing. 

"No, I am dating EJ," I said, gesturing over to him, "And as far as I know, Kourtnee is not interested."

"Not even a little, no offense." Kourtnee called over to him.

"None taken."

"Wait, the leading lady is dating the director?" The camera guy asked, turning back on me. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Yes..." I said suspiciously, "But Val cast the show, if favoritism is what you're hinting at." 

The camera man looked disappointed by this.

"Mr. Bleu?" Ricky asked. "If you're looking for dirt or like...jealous in-fighting, that's just not us."

I shrugged, not sure if that was totally true. 

Corbin pointed at me. 

"That, that reaction, what was that?" He asked. My eyes went wide. 

"Nothing." I said, shaking my head. "Nothing. I mean obviously, we're teenagers. We fight occasionally, like anyone else, but we're all friends here. We work through our issues and move forward. Its all very healthy."