Chapter Fifteen: What Do You Know About Love?

I grabbed the toile for my skirt, putting it on over my dress and sitting down at the front of the stage with Ricky while EJ stood on stage.

"Hey, are you ok?" Ricky asked. I turned around, glancing at EJ, who glanced down to meet my eyes. I replied with a glare, turning to look at Ricky again.

"No. But I'm using it." I replied. 

"Hey guys I know we've barely run this song, so just mark it," Val told us, "Use the space, but be safe. Half-energy." 

"Gotta agree," EJ called, "No reason to go crazy you guys."

"I'll give you a reason." I muttered as Val wandered over to the Bluetooth speaker. 

"Hans is not a stranger." I argued, as the music began. 

"Ok, so what's his last name?" Ricky recited. 

"...of the Southern Isles." 

"Hmm...uh...foot size?" He asked. I slapped my hands down on my legs in frustration.

"Foot size doesn't matter!" I exclaimed. 

"But knowing a man before you marry him," Ricky stood up, "Kinda does." 

I stood up, shoving Ricky back down with both hands and spinning around as I started making my way to the stage door, Channing following me all the while. 

"You've got opinions on my lie and my relations, but let me tell you what." I paused in the stage entrance doorway, shooting Ricky a look as he followed me.

"Ok, enlighten me." 

I moved back to the costume desk lifting myself up to sit on it while Ricky leaned on it beside me. 

"Love is the one thing that has zero complications," I bumped my shoulder against Ricky's, "and I can trust my gut."

I turned sideways on the table, putting my feet on top of it and using one of them to kick him so he stumbled into a sitting position on the couch.

"Ok, you frighten me." 

"Some people know their hearts," I put my hands over my chest, standing up on the desk and twirling around so I could flick the disco ball that was hanging from the ceiling, "The minute true love starts."

"Some people read a lot of books." Ricky sang, coming over to stand in front of the desk again.

"I like books." I argued. I put a hand on Ricky's shoulder, jumping full force off of the desk. He surprisingly caught me with his arms around my waist and under my knees, just like Kristoff did in the movie. He spun me around before putting me down again. I grabbed his arm, whirling him around and practically throwing him onto the other couch. 

"Some people simply know when true love says hello." 

I skipped over to one of the stage doors, closing it on Channing to reveal the 'Hello' sign that I knew was posted on the back of it. 

"Some are taken in by princely looks." Ricky sang leaning his elbows back on the exposed beams in the wall. 

"Oh, what do you know about love?" As we sang together, I grabbed Ricky's shoulders and he grabbed my waist, each of us spinning together down the length of the wall and taking turns with whose back was pressed up against it. On the last turn I pushed him solidly against the wall with a hand on his chest spinning away from him and moving toward the wings of the stage. 

"What do you know about love?" Ricky moved in front of me, offering me his hand. I took it, allowing him to spin me into him before spinning me out in the direction of the ladder that led to the prop loft.