Chapter Thirteen: The Real Campers of Shallow Lake

We were invited to the barn early the next morning for a cast meeting before the camera guy, who apparently was named 'Channing', was scheduled to arrive to film rehearsal. 

When we all walked inside, Carlos, EJ, and Val were standing at the front of the room. There were chairs set up facing them, and a easel with a poster that said 'Take a Seat' on it in fancy lettering. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"How did you print posters from camp?" I asked Carlos, sitting down in the front row. 

"I have my ways." He said. I felt eyes on me, and glanced over to see that EJ was staring at me. I forced an awkward smile before averting my eyes again. 

"Morning guys," EJ greeted, tearing his eyes away from me, "Come on in, we don't have much time."

"Take a seat!" Val added, gesturing to the sing. 

"Can we have everyone's attention, please!' Carlos called.

"Thank you all for coming in early," EJ said, "We have been up all night."

"Look, this better be good because in here," Kourtnee pointed to her head, "Its still last night." 

"We've been working on a plan to save the show and give Corbin and that Channing guy the reality show style juice that they really want."

"Sorry, save the show?" Gina asked.

"He just wants a little more excitement from us. A little more-"

"He thinks we're boring." Carlos interrupted, causing everyone to gasp. "He's actually missing our rehearsal today to scout at the kids at Deep Lake camp in Temecula."

"Deep Lake?" I repeated. 

"That can't be a real place." I heard Ricky say.

"But not to worry, because we have a plan." Carlos continued. "And its starts with five little letters."

"Allow me." Val took the 'take a seat' poster off of the easel, revealing a new one that said The R.C.O.S.L.

"Watch what happens, Fam!" 

"RCOSL?" Gina read, confused. Carlos rolled his eyes.

"No, its The Real Campers Of Shallow Lake. The franchise  was always destined to join. I mean, you were." 

"Look, its easy," EJ said, "Megan tried to do this a little bit at yesterday's rehearsal, which is actually what gave us the idea. You know how normally we act like regular people, pick up on social cues, care about each other's feelings?" 

"Or make assumptions about other people's feelings without ever bothering to ask them." I muttered to myself. Gina and Ashlyn glanced at me, and I looked up, suddenly realizing I'd said this way louder than I meant to. "Sorry."

"Now that's over." EJ continued, not hearing me.

"Because the key to any great reality show is the three Bs," Carlos said, "Bombshells, betrayals, and (BLEEP) slaps." 

The room collectively gasped. 

"Can he say that?" Gina questioned. 

"Look, I love the housewives as much as anybody," Kourtnee said, "But how are we gonna pull this off when we're real students who don't have millions to burn and kids to blame?"

"Can I be Team Kourtnee on this?" Jet asked.

"No. Here's what we're doing." Carlos said.

Val moved the poster, moving on to the next one, which was the RCOSL acronym surrounded by colored boxes that had velcro stirps and question marks written in them. Each one had a title written under it.