3. Experiment Gone Wrong

**In sickness and in health motherfucker
**im sick
**this is the second time I've had COVID
**idk if it's COVID but it might as well be

**okay so it's not COVID
**still hurts like a bitch tho
**great Inspo for the 18th

The beeping of machines was the only thing he could hear. His sockets were stuck together, refusing to open because of the tears that he shed the day before. He doesn't remember why he was screaming his head off, why he felt so tired from a previous struggle. He was completely immobilized as he tried to see his surroundings. His nasal was blocked making it harder for him to breath, luckily his mouth was left open but it was kept open to an awkward extent.

His sense of time was out of whack, his internal clock was long broken over his time in the Anti-Void. Without an external source like the sun or digital clocks in the undergrounds to help him keep track of time he was completely unaware of how long it was before his eyes touched and were freed from their dark prison.

In front of him was a sans from a past timeline, Sciencetale was an extension of the original Undertale timeline like a handful of other universes. It was thought of as a prequel to the main story, with many alternate versions to fill questions and what ifs. Sci, the sans of this prequel universe who worked as the royal scientist, was the one in front of him. He completely ignored the confused look of the tied up destroyer and looked at statistics and lights beside him. Error couldn't see what he was looking at causing him to struggle further.

Sci didn't spare him a glance as he struggled against his bonds, his focus being completely on the reports of the destroyer. He knew of the multiverse. The different variations of him. Some where he was living a better life, where he was happier. Those other universes made him jealous. Jealous of the life he could've had.

This infamous destroyer lives up to his name, but being the monstrous genocide of thousands doesn't really fit this frightened pile of living bones. He looked scared and trapped trying to get out of those binds instead of more threatening to end his own life. Sci has seen threatening —his own Asgore isn't the best to welcome anyone with open arms— this destroyer was just a pushover.

He wanted to prove the destroyer was something to be feared. A force to be recooked with. Whether it be he tamed the destroyer's magic or the destroyer himself it did not matter. Either way he would harness the ability to destroy entire universes to cure his own vendetta.

One wrong input.

One wrong number.

It all went to SHI—

The machine exploded, sending pieces of metal and plastic into the lab and through Sci's own bones. Error's own bones were ripped apart and imploded on themselves due to the destructive nature of his magic completely overwhelming his physical body. His bones cracked as they were bent in the opposite direction, cracks along his spine making it easier for the blast to overpower the fragile bone. Blood sprouted from the wounds and covered the white lab, dust finishing it off like sprinkles to a cake.

The lab was a mess, looking like it was long abandoned after a terrible accident. Doors were missing, tiles were covered in debris, bent and broken pieces of machine were scattered about. A single skeleton hung from his restraints. His legs were separated from his body, being long since dusted as the thin pile of dust is evidence enough. His ribcage looked to have been torn open, showing his cracked soul that looked to try and kill itself. His arms were cracked, one hanging from just the ulna while the other was a ways away from the body.

The skull was another thing entirely. The entire right side was blown out, leaving a giant cracked hole that showed the red coloring inside of the destroyer's skull. His other socket was as wide as it could get with magic flowing down it.

He wasn't dead.

But by the gods he wished he was