22. Suffocation

The ocean was a wonderful world completely different from our own. An entire ecosystem was built on this land that had no light or oxygen freely floating around. The bright neon wildlife that surrounded itself in water could not ever be found on land. It was priceless to the sea, it was hers to have and no one else's. The ocean dulled out any noises from the outside making it a peaceful escape from reality. The beautiful hums and drumming wails of passing mammals and fish could be heard for miles and still blend perfectly with the tone of the sea. The creatures of the ocean would fly along the rocks and plains, in groups, alone, or in a pair. They would hunt, swim, and thrive in the sea alongside other animals. Creatures that were unique to their species yet similar in complexion.

His own body drifted to the sea floor, slowly making its way down. His clothes were fine save for the massive wound in his chest. Cracks were scattered around his body, creating crevices in his bones that looked too frail and thin to be healthy. His sockets were bloodshot and empty, as if his soul was taken out of his body. In a way it was. His soul had given up and finally withered away, a single attack cracking it open like a nut. His body was limp as it continued to fall, the animals of Mother Earth scattering from the destroyer unlike the usual aggression he faced on land.

He hit the floor, his body settling to the floor beneath. It twitched as if to get a final breath before being completely still.