6. Meat hooks

Horrortale was a universe that took place after RESETs but where monsters still remained in the underground. There are many variations of the universe but the common theme is hunger.

Error had no reason to run, he was a god with the power to destroy this universe and kill off the inhabitants in it. He was large for any average monster, towering over Asgore while still being a powerful boss monster in the eye of mortals.

So why was he running?

His coat was grabbed when he tried to turn a corner and he was dragged back by the deranged group of monsters. They grabbed at his bones and tried to pull him in their direction, desperate for a meal. A giant bear that towered over the rest grabbed his ribs, crushing them as he pulled Error away from the crowd. The once friendly bear held Error by his neck, restringing him between his arm and heavily matted body. The bear took heavy breaths as it stepped further and further away from the crowd that had taken to ripping each other apart.

Error had no idea where this starved mammoth of a monster was taking him,  but it couldn't be good. Surprisingly, the bear made its way to Grillby's.

Entering Grillby's, the usually lively bar was empty. Not even the bartender was there behind the counter. The place looked like a wreck with tables toppled over and holes in the wall that were poorly covered up. There were breaks in the wooden floor and the seats had bits of foam peeking out of them. The bear took Error behind the counter and into the back room, Error still struggled but it's grip was surprisingly tight. Not to mention that if he really did try to struggle his skull would be popped out of his socket only giving the bear two things to carry instead of one and making Error's life harder than it needed to be.

Not that it wasn't already

The back of the bar held shelves that were once full of food that would feed the lovely people of Snowdin. Now they were bare and toppled over. Monsters were never specifically vegetarian or carnivorous, consumable items being made of Magic and physical foods, but that didn't mean they didn't grow or harvest their own food.

The only question is where they got the meat from.

The bear hulled Error to the back and there stood where the friendly elemental bartender would store his meat. Up on racks and in freezer containers that had no outlet, hooks that held bigger meats hung from the ceiling and faded dust could be seen on the metal and the floor beneath it. A skinned Gyftrot with its antlers torn off and mouth hung open hung on one of the meat hooks. The fact it wasn't dusted only meant it was still alive. Barely but it could still feel everything that was happening to it.

The bear took Error and hung his skull on the meat hook. The feeling of something tickling your neck then inserting itself into your skull wasn't a comforting one. Error was left there to hang but he wouldn't just be left there like some decoration.

The bear didn't leave but Error quickly grabbed the chain holding the meat hook and pulled himself off of it. He jumped to the wooden floors which alerted the bear of his attempted escape.

The look of the bear was more deranged than any insane universe he's been to.

Its teeth were jagged and black, holes in the dentures that clearly showed a lack of dental hygiene. His tongue was ripped off looking to have been bitten off in a scuffle. Its eyes were pitch white, they were wide with a desperate and crazy look to them. Saliva dripped from its rotting teeth as it charged at Error with claws that had a few torn out from their place in his paw that was matted and scarred. It reached for the destroyer who had little time to react. He dodged but the bear swung its arm at him when it tried to turn to face its prey. Error was pushed to the ground and the bear was instantly on top of him.

It growled and held him by the throat. It pulled and tugged as Error tried to keep his skull on his neck. There was a pop and the destroyer fell limp to the ground. His body not dusting due to his own curse.

The bear moved off its meal, taking the body of the outcode and hung it by the pelvic bone while it took a chunk out of his skull. The bear finished its small snack before moving out of the storage room, leaving the body of the destroyer to hang there until it was able to fix itself.