25. Medical Horror

Error was in serious condition. His entire skull was blown out and crumbling from the impact of the sudden blast.  Sci was breathing heavily, probably due to shock from the sudden blast that he had no control over. Either the machine malfunctioned or he accidentally pressed its start button. Either way his lab was now a mess, tables were toppled over and a black charring now covered the machine. It looked completely exhausted after its first and only usage. Sci steadily got up, with half his health gone due to the explosion. His lenses were broken through leading to his vision becoming blurry. Error's limp body that laid on the examination table looked like a bodied corpse with the amount of red surrounding his bones and the floor around him.

Sci couldn't help but panic. He took off his glasses and hurried towards Error, wanting to make sure he was alive. The soul monitor to his left was broken, being pushed back by the force of the blast to the wall. Wires hung from his bones and his arms were limply held at his sides. His skull looked like a watermelon, with the center of his skull having a giant cracked hole, completely missing his sockets, nose and mouth. His ribs and soul looked fine, besides his soul glowing dimly, it was always that dim. Sci tried to hide Error, maybe get him to a different room? He didn't know where to put the destroyer before—

"What was that explosion?!" Dust barged into the room, looking around the messy lab and the blown out remains of Error. Sci looked like a deer in headlights as Dust observed the lab in its destroyed glory, with bright eyelights slowly making their way to the shaking scientist.

Now Dust was a chemist himself. He studied chemistry in the Underground before his universe went to shit. He spent years after the demon was long dead rereading his chemistry books, Nightmare had granted him a lab of his own in his manor and he was constantly adjusting and storing potions in his inventory should he ever need them. He knew poisons. He knew how to heal someone. He knew how to kill. He knew how to make it hurt.

Controlled breaths... Controlled breaths!

He tried to not scream, to not cry out for help because help wasn't coming. His Magic was waiting but those Magic supplements would be fed into his bones, raw burning magic would be the only thing he ate as it was poured down his throat. It was making him wish he wasn't a monster, a skeleton monster at that! His ribs had been broken through as a threat to plunge his soul and to make it match Error's own. He only got nicked when his own ribs fell onto his soul and instead of just grabbing it with his hands, Dust used a dual prong skewer. His own bones were shattered and fixed with the experience of a child, Dust knew how bones looked, he was doing this on purpose! Days on end Sci would be overdosed with Magic only to be saved in his final moments. Other days he would be starved of any magic for months, just having enough to survive. His soul couldn't take the strain of living anymore and had tried to implode on itself.

But Dust knew...

HE KNEW HOW TO SUSTAIN A MONSTER'S LIFE, MAKING THEM PRACTICALLY IMMORTAL

He tried screaming, calling for help. The Bad Sanses were kind hearted from what he could tell! They loved each other like family and were committed to not only Nightmare, but to each other. They could love and not just LOVE. So he begged and begged for mercy

But no one came.

He was alone to suffer at the claws of a maniac. A mad scientist. His own mind was broken beyond repair just as his tormentor's was. Once a scientist now reduced to a test subject.

Dust said this would all end when Error could see again.

But by the looks of his skull.

That won't end anytime soon.