breakdown

colby has been out filming and having meetings all day so you haven't seen him till he kissed you goodbye when you were half asleep this morning.

it is getting late and you're getting worried because he hasn't texted you in awhile. you're laying in bed when you hear someone come up the stairs you get excited and drop your phone on your lap to see colby walk through the door. you thought he would be excited to see you but when you saw his face your smile instantly faded. he looked exhausted as if he was about to cry. he stood in the doorway for a couple seconds and when you make eye contact he shuts his eyes hard and starts to cry.

"colby what happened?? come here" you open your arms for a big hug
he shuts the bedroom door and walks over to you on the bed. he climbs on top of you and wraps his arms around your waist and tucks his head under your chin

"what's the matter baby?" he doesn't respond so you let him cry in your chest for a little. you lift up his shirt to rub his back with one hand and you take off his hat and throw it on the ground with the other hand, you start to play with his hair because you know that calms him down. you then hear a sigh coming from colby.

"i had a hard day y/n can we cuddle pleaee" colby sniffles and looks up at you with tears flooding down his face. you cup his cheeks and wipe some tears from under his eyes with your thumbs "of course baby, we can cuddle for as long as you need" you kiss his forehead and he drops his head back into your chest and continues to sob.

you continue to play with his hair but this time with both hands because he loves it. you thought he would let out a grin like he always does but he didn't. that's when you realized he was really upset.

"colby you're never this sad who hurt you?"
"no one hurt me i just had a long day. we lost some camera footage, the meetings didn't go as planned and hellweek is coming up and there's so much we still have to edit. i'm so tired and stressed out. i don't know what to do. im feeling overwhelmed." he starts choking on his words from crying so hard. you help him sit up so he can breathe

after a few minutes of long inhales and exhales his breathing is finally steady. you grab his hands and hold them."i get it, it's okay to feel overwhelmed. i know you have a ton on your plate right now but i am so proud of you. you're doing the best you can." he closes his eyes and nods. "it is your busiest month anyway. you have been working your ass off and it is totally okay to feel stressed right now. if you need a little break i'm sure your fans would be understanding. you do deserve it after all."

colby pulls you into a tight hug. so tight that you fall back into the bed so you're laying down again. "i love you y/n" he mumbled "i love you more colby brock" he rolls back on top of you and cuddles into your chest and you play with his hair again.

about 10 mins later

"do you wanna get ready for bed now? it's getting late" you ask colby but you don't get a response. "colby?" you look down and move some hair out of his face only to realize that he fell asleep. you pull the covers over you two and kiss him on the forehead. "goodnight babe" he whispers. "goodnight" he relaxes more onto you and you slowly drift off to sleep