argument

summary: you and colby get into an argument. when it's bedtime you remember that you say "ily" and "goodnight" before you sleep. so you say it and it makes colby feel bad

colby is never home anymore. he's been traveling a ton lately, leaving you home alone. you understand he's traveling for content and stuff but you miss seeing him everyday and it's making you frustrated. he's been staying at friends houses and air bnb's in LA. he's partying every night and you're scared something is gonna happen. you trust him but you don't trust the people he's partying with.

"well maybe if you were home more often we wouldn't be having this conversation right now." you say to colby

"well maybe if you trusted me for once we wouldn't be fighting about this in the first place" colby stands up and paces around the room

"trust? you wanna talk about trust right now? i trust you with my fucking life colby. i don't trust those people you're with. it's scaring me"

"we're not even drinking y/n. why are you scared?"

"it's LA colby. nothing good happens in LA. plus, you're spending more time with people you met two months ago than with your own girlfriend. how do you think that makes me feel?" you sit down on the bed and hold your hands to your head.

"i'm not doing it on purpose. and it wasn't my intention to make you feel like this. this is my job y/n" he raises his voice

you try so hard not to cry. "i miss you colby. it feels like we're growing apart." you sniffle

colby stops pacing and looks at you. his phone rings and he answers it. you rub your face with your hands, wiping the few tears that fell.

"hello?"
you hear a muffled unfamiliar voice on the other side of the phone
"are you kidding me? i can't even stay home for a fucking day without having to pack a bag the next"
"alright. goodbye."

"who was it?" you ask "a sponsorship. they want me and sam in LA tomorrow afternoon." he replies. "but you just got back from LA. are you really leaving me for that again?" you ask "I DONT KNOW Y/N. STOP BOTHERING ME." he walks out the bedroom and slams the door.

you bury your face in the pillows and start to sob. "this can't be real" you thought. while you're crying in the pillows you hear sam and colby talking downstairs. definitely about the call colby got.

eventually you get up and start getting ready for bed. you walk back into the bedroom knowing that when you get back in bed colby is gonna say goodbye once again.

you lay in bed on your phone scrolling through instagram. you hear the doorknob jiggle. you look over to see colby waking in, already in his pajamas ready for bed. he turns the lights off and pulls the covers over him.

you set your phone down and turn around to face him but he's facing the other way. you remembered that you say "goodnight" before bed every night. you were so angry with him but you knew you couldn't break the routine.

"goodnight colby. i love you." he immediately turns around and looks you in the eyes. you can tell he was getting emotional. "i'm so sorry y/n" he says as he pulls you in to cuddle. "im sorry i leave you alone all the time. i'm sorry for making you cry and raising my voice at you and slamming the door. it may not seem like it but i love you so much babe. you are my rock you hear me? i'm so so so sorry. from now on, i will be more cautious and you'll come with me on more trips okay?"

you cry in his chest because you feel relieved . he holds you tight and kisses your head. "do you forgive me?" he says over your shoulder. "i don't know, are you leaving again tomorrow?" you say with sarcasm "hell no." colby says. "sam and i gave them a call and said we're not coming. you really thought i was gonna leave you all alone again?"

"i meannn" you say, dragging the n. "oh cmon do you forgive me?" he wines. "sure." you reply. he giggles and kisses you on the head once more. "i love you more y/n"