nightmare + panic attack

"y/n ! y/n!! wake up it's okay!! i'm here!" colby shook you awake and you realized you just woke up from a nightmare. you look around and see that the bed is all messed up from you tossing & turning.

"jesus you scared me. are you okay babe?" you look up at him and immediately start to sob. "oh nooo it's okay baby! i'm right here. it was just a dream" 

he lifts you up moves to the side of the bed and  cradles you in his lap like a baby.

youre having a panic attack. you look up at him but can't see anything cause of all the tears flooding your eyes.

you feel his soft thumbs wiping some tears from under your eyes.

"y-you died. he k-killed you and it was my fault" you sob and struggle for air. "hey nothing was your fault okay? i'm right here, see" he grabs your hand and puts it on his bare chest. you begin tracing shapes. "i'm okay, see! there's nothing to worry about"

"colby i can't breathe"
"it's okay, listen to me. breathe with me."
in, two, three, four, out, two three four.
you follow what he says but start to blackout.

you feel around for his hand, once you find it you start playing & twirling with the rings on his fingers, feeling every detail. "you're doing so good baby" you hear him whisper

it takes a couple mins but after some breathing exercises you're finally calm again and your breathing is steady. 

colby is still cradling you. once you wake up from whatever that was you look up at colby and he smiles down at you.
"you okay?"
"yeah i'm okay" you yawn and start to close your eyes again.

you feel colby inching back to your spots in bed. he puts the covers over you then pulls you close to him, wrapping his lanky arms around your body.
"i love you y/n" colby whispers in your ear
"i love you more" you quietly reply
he rubs your back as you fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat