1

*Flashback June 28th 2010*

It was my audition day. I was going on X Factor today because my brother, Nolan, forced me to. He said that I had a great voice and needed to get myself out there. I always wanted to be a singer or an actress when I was a kid. Both Taylor and I have dreamt about making music. In fact, Taylor is already a singer! She released her debut album on the 24th October 2006. That was 4 years ago. Since then she released another album, Fearless, and now she's working on her third album. She's much older than me but she started at my age so maybe I have a chance? Mum, Nolan and Taylor were coming to my audition. Dad and Austin wanted to wait and hopefully watch it on TV.

So here I am outside queuing to get in the building. Taylor and Mum managed to get into the building already with security because it's Taylor! Nolan is with me, though. I'm wearing a long white sleeve top, a blue denim short skirt with orange cowboy boots and I've got a long blue necklace on as well. I put on a blue headband to make me look cooler, that's what Nolan said to me. He's only 11 years old. I'm standing behind this blonde boy, he's wearing a chequered red and blue jacket with a grey shirt underneath and his denim jeans. He's cute. I'm pretty sure Nolan noticed me looking at the blonde boy, I mean I am making it obvious.

"Talk to him," He whispers, I look at him with a confused look, "I know you want to, do it before it's too late."

"How would you know? You're 11." I whisper back and he just shrugs at me but nudges me into the blonde boy making him fall a little, "oh my god, I'm so sorry."

"It's alright," He says, grabbing hold of me before I end up on the floor. I could tell he's Irish because his accent is very strong, "I'm Niall." He puts his hand out for me to shake

"I'm Kenzie." I say taking his hand and shaking it

"You're auditioning as well?" He asks

"That's why I'm here." I laugh, causing him to laugh as well. We then go quiet again. A few minutes later that felt like an eternity, he finally speaks up.

"So what song are you auditioning?" He asks

"Halo by Beyoncé. What about you?" I reply

"I love that song. I'm going to sing 'So Sick'." Niall says and I nod while smiling. 

Soon later, we got our numbers and headed into the building. Niall had auditioned and it was soon going to be me. Taylor started telling me tips about talking to the judges like 5 minutes ago. Mum was talking to Dad on the phone while Nolan was just watching everyone. There were a few people dressing very funny, which definitely caught his eye. I noticed that Dermot, the presenter, was making his way towards me. It's my turn.

"You're next!" He says, I get up from my seat. Taylor pulled me into a hug.

"You're gonna smash it." Taylor whispers into my ear, she lets go and pushes me towards Dermot. I'm starting to panic now.

I nervously walk up the steps onto the stage but before heading out, Dermot stops me.

"Good luck." He says giving me a mic, I smile at him grabbing the mic.

I then start to make my way out on the stage with the cameras following me. The crowd cheers for me. Simon, Louis, Cheryl and guest judge, Katy was all smiling at me.

"Hello." Louis says

"Hi." I say into the mic

"What's your name?" Simon asks with a pen in his hand

"I'm Kenzie Swift, I'm from Sheffield and I'm 16 years old." I reply, Katy gives me a big smile after she hears me say Swift.

"Kenzie Swift? Like Taylor Swift?" Simon asks