2

*Flashback 2010*
*Bootcamp*

I wasn't good enough on my own. Louis Walsh was convincing the rest of the judges that I was bad, I'm pretty sure. Right now, I'm standing with a bunch of other girls, while the boys are somewhere else. Throughout bootcamp I've met a few other people, I met a few girls and a few boys. Sophia, Becca, Liam, Zayn, Harry, Louis and obviously Niall. I've gotten close with Sophia and Niall. I'm still quite shy to talk to the other boys though. One of the crew members said that the judges wanted to speak to some of us. He called out Sophia, Becca, me and two other girls. The girls were holding hands while I was walking next to them. When we were walking out, we saw 5 boys walking, which was Niall, Zayn, Liam, Louis and Harry. We got to the line and stood there, the boys were further down the line.

"Kenzie, could you stand with the boys please?" Simon says, I get a bit confused because I wasn't sure why I had to? I did as I was told and stood with them. I stood next to Harry, who put his hand around my waist and made sure I was okay.

"Okay, thank you so much for coming back. I know judging from some of your faces that this is really hard. We thought long and hard about it and we thought each of you as individuals and we just feel that you're too talented to let go off," Nicole starts, throughout it we all look at each other confused, "we think it's a great idea to have two separate groups."

I look at Harry then at the girls. This is confusing. Why am I standing with the boys and not the girls?

"We decided to put you both through." Simon says, the girls and the boys started to scream, cheer and grab hold of each other but I stood still looking at the judges. Harry picks me up and spins me around, causing me to scream. When he puts me down I look back at the judges

"Kenzie, we feel that your voice matches well with the boys and we wanted you apart of the group," Nicole explains "but if you feel like you are better and want to go with the girls then you can go with the girls." I look over to the girls then at the boys. I prefer to stay here. Liam was giving me a look, Niall and Zayn were smiling at me, and Harry and Louis were both convincing me to stay with just their eyes.

"I'll stay." I say

The boys, except Liam, cheered. I'm not sure why he's being like that, but then I understand that he probably just wanted to be in a boyband and I'm ruining it. I'll speak to him later.

*Later In The X Factor Journey*

So it's been a few weeks since Simon said the words that we went through. I've gotten quite close with Louis and Harry, especially Harry. Liam and I have had our differences, he definitely doesn't like me. I mean, I wouldn't either if I came along in a boyband. I have tried to speak to him but it always ends up in an argument, I would say disagreement but he would say argument. We were all sitting in Harry's house in the living room. I was sitting on the sofa between Louis and Harry, Niall was on the other sofa with Liam and Zayn was sitting on the floor leaning against the sofa I was on. We were practicing our song for this week's performance. Simon decided our song was 'Kids In America'.  When we started singing, I noticed Liam kept looking at me. It made me feel so uncomfortable. I stopped singing but just let the boys carry on.

"Why did you stop singing?" Harry asked after they finished the song

"Liam why did you keep staring at me?" I asked, ignoring Harry's question

"Because you're ruining it." He said, I look at him with hurt. I know he hasn't been liking me being in the band but I want this, we both want this.

"Liam." Louis said

"But it's true. Why couldn't you go with the girls?" Liam said

"I wanted this, but it's fine I'll leave. I'm sure Simon can work things out. Good luck." I say while grabbing my things and I start to leave, Harry tries to grab my wrist but I managed to get him off. When I was walking to the door, I walked past the kitchen where I saw Anne and the other boys' mums. My Mum was not there.