25

"Leave him alone."

"Shh." Rea whispered to Angel as she softly cleaned Heeseung's face with a small warm rag. "The nurse told me to do this daily. She said it helps relax his facial muscles."

Angel scoffed playfully as he sat on the couch with his arms crossed.

"I'm a little impressed. You actually seem responsible."

"I've always been more responsible than you are Angel." She said softly as she rinsed the rag before placing it on Heeseung's skin again.

"You're acting like mom."

Rea only chuckled at his words.

Angel stayed quiet as he stared at her in thought.

"We have nine days left." He casually mentioned and Rea continued doing what she was doing.

"I know." She spoke absentmindedly.

Angel thought for a bit before looking up at the ceiling.

"What if he doesn't wake up by the time we leave?"

"His parents aren't around. RJ told me."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Rea stared at Heeseung for a few seconds before looking down at the rag in her hand.

"I'm staying to take care of him. I won't leave him alone here." She mumbled quietly before slowly placing the rag back in the bowl.

"Really? What if he doesn't wake up anytime soon? Are you staying in France forever?" Angel furrowed his eyebrows for a second as he stared at the back of her head.

"I'm staying here with him, until he wakes up. If he never wakes up, then I guess I'll be here forever, with him." She smiled a little before standing up with the bowl in her hand, walking over to the bathroom to clean it up.

Angel thought deeply as he looked at Heeseung. He could hear his sister in the bathroom, and all his thoughts ran with her.

When she walked out of the bathroom, he cleared his throat before looking at her awkwardly.

"You love him a lot, right?"

Rea swallowed the lump in her throat as she bit her lip, using a small towel to dry Heeseung's face.

She didn't have to respond for Angel to know.

"It's okay to love him, Rea. But... you have to think about you. A-and I don't want to be that person, but you really did meet him two weeks ago."

"I am thinking of me."

"You're thinking of staying here taking care of him for the rest of your life-"

"If that's where things are headed, yes." She interrupted him calmly as she knew that his intentions were pure. "I'm not leaving him alone."

"So you love him?"

"Angel... you know saying that word is hard for me."

"You say it to me."

"But you're my brother. That's different. Saying I love you to mom is different too. But to say that I love him...."

"That's what you want him to hear right? If he wakes up. That's what you want to tell him, looking at him in the eye."

"Are you trying to make me cry? Is that what you're here for? Because I don't think your presence is very helpful right now." Rea shook her head as she avoided her tears with a small chuckle.

Angel smiled a little as he stared at her in pity.

"Giving my life is worth it. If I spend it taking care of him." She whispered before she looked at her brother with a small smile. "So, take from that statement whatever you want to take from it."