28

Heeseung thought a little about the investigator's question, before shaking his head.

"I don't remember having any problems with anyone enough for them to want to kill me." He said softly as he tilted his head.

"No one in your team? Or your group of friends?"

"My friends... We didn't really end in a good note last time, but I don't think they'd want to kill me, or have the ability to kill me."

"What happened between you and your friends?"

"They were just rude people, and I got mad at them for interrupting my date and using my things without my permission, so I ended up cussing them out and telling them to go away." Heeseung explained as Lahaye wrote everything down on his notebook.

"Was there any other issue with the car besides the tires being slippery?"

"No, I don't think so. I checked everything myself before the race." Heeseung nodded his head confidently before shaking his head. "Although I didn't see the car about ten minutes before the race started. But I didn't feel anything wrong as I was driving the first few laps, besides the tires slipping."

Lahaye nodded his head in understanding before looking at the door.

"What about your girlfriend?"

"What about her?" Heeseung furrowed his eyebrows as the detective shrugged.

"Do you have any problems with her?"

"We fight a lot, but it's all with love."

"But you've known her for two weeks." Lahaye raised his eyebrows making Heeseung look at the door with a small smile.

"Yeah. But she loves me. She wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

Lahaye nodded his head as he looked down at his notes.

He had already discarded most people from the staff, and even Rea. There was no one that he thought could have any involvement in the things that happened with Heeseung's tires that were from his staff.

Most of them had been working with Heeseung for the whole time of his career and none of them had any complaints.

The only thing left was confirming all of the statements with Heeseung to know if there was any bad blood in any way. But all of the people the detective had interviewed could do no wrong in Heeseung's eyes.

"Are you sure there is no one else that could have possibly wanted to hurt you?" The detective asked again, making Heeseung look down at his hands in thought.

"Nile."

The detective raised his gaze from the notepad at the mention of a new name.

"Who is that?"

"My friend."

"Have you had any interactions with him recently?"

"No, he called me, a day before the race." He answered as he watched the man write everything down.

"What was he saying then?"

"He was cursing at me. And said that I was self-centered."

"Do you think he has some type of way of connecting with your staff?"

"I wouldn't know." Heeseung raised his eyebrows, making something click in the detective's mind.

"Is there anyone else that you might be involved with that you know about?"

"Not that I know of. The other people are all the way in Korea, I don't think anyone else would have an issue with me."

"You'd be surprised." Lahaye raised his eyebrows as he aggressively scribbled on his notepad, before standing up. "Do you have the contact information for this guy?"