40

Heeseung crossed his arms over his chest, a small pout on his lips as he sat across from Angel and Dal.

He was waiting to go out and have a dinner date with Rea, but here he was with two other people across the table.

Rea looked away from her menu and towards Heeseung.

"What are you getting?" She wondered as she raised her eyebrows and Heeseung finally looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed in slight annoyance.

Rea sighed before looking at her brother, raising her eyebrows at him.

"So, Dal. There's a lot that I've been wanting to talk to you about." Angel started as he looked at Dal with fake excitement. "Your racing."

At the word racing, Heeseung lifted his eyes from the table in interest, making Rea smile a little to herself as she looked down at the menu.

"What about it?" Dal chuckled a little as she looked at Angel.

He shrugged and pretended to think.

"Your racing style is different compared to Heeseung's."

"How so?" She asked as her gaze darkened a little at the mention of her skills being compared to Heeseung's.

"Heeseung is dynamic-"

"What? Are you saying I'm not?"

"I don't think that's what he's saying Dal." Heeseung tried to ease the waters and Dal immediately looked at him. "I just think he means that I take a lot of risks."

"But I don't?"

Heeseung nervously looked away from her, before shrugging a little.

"You do play it safe sometimes, but that's okay-"

"When I race, I play it safe because I don't want to crash."

"Yeah, that's why you don't win." Rea mumbled making everyone look at her.

Heeseung's eyes widened as he softly nudged her with his elbow, but she continued looking at the menu.

"Rea." He whispered but she ignored him as she raised her eyebrows, looking at Dal.

"Heeseung wins because he takes risks. He enjoys the adrenaline of the race. You, on the other hand, are scared. That's why you always come in last. And that's why all the races are given to Heeseung, because you're not reliable. You're reliable, but with losing." She spoke honestly as she shrugged her shoulders, and Heeseung softly nudged her knee under the table to somehow make her shut up, but she wanted to throw wood at the fire.

"Rea-"

"They never even give me a chance-"

"Because you don't deserve one." Rea cut her off as she closed her menu and took a sip of her water, making Dal look at her with furrowed eyebrows in anger.

"I do! I work harder than anyone in this place and I work harder than he ever has! He's the one that doesn't deserve a chance, he already gets too many chances!" She said loudly, making some people look at them and Heeseung to sigh as he laid his head back against the chair behind him.

"That's because he makes lemonade out of the lemons he's given. You just juggle yours in the air and drop them, splat on the ground." Rea raised her pitch to tease her more as she shook her head, a small smirk on her lips.

"Rea, stop." Heeseung said, making her look at him with raised eyebrows, before looking back at Dal.

"That's because he's given too many! He needs to stop coming in my way! That's why he should've died on that day!" She stood up as she leaned against the table.