Chapter 86- Blood Magic

The sun glistened as the tall and perfectly cut grass peeked just beneath the pond where the water ran as clear as ever. You could see everything hiding beneath the waters, and if you looked closely even your own reflection, the clouds above and the sky. Along with it, the miraculous dragons.

It was midday and quite like every other day, the royal garden was filled with royals. Everywhere you looked you could only see platinum blonde hair, either that or a shade of white and blonde, violet and light eyes in every corner.

The Valyrian people liked to dress up, they liked to wear clothes that hugged their bodies, showing their tall, slim and proud figure. But they never wore dark colors, Helena noticed. They only wore the lightest shades of colors, colors that complimented either their intense eyes or hair.

King Jaelon and his gurds, accompanied by Helena, were the only ones she had spotted so far to ever wear a seemingly black color. However, a royal would never.

It has been almost two months. Helena had, with time, learned Valyria like a map in her head. She had to. She was a member of the Royal guard.

She was the Kings guard.

Helena had to her own surprise become a thing somehow in Valyria, children and teenagers saw her like somewhat a rebellious idol. She was Valyrian, yet she wasn't. She was like them, but different. But everyone knew her... Here she was not Helena, she was Elyana the Kings royal guard.

Back home she was a Queen. Here she was merely the Kings pawn.

She'd tried, truly tried, to escape. She trusted that her brother or Dev would come and save her. Anyone.

But they had not.

Before

"And you really think they're going to come?" Amyra Martell and Helena had begun to become friends, casually sparring with each other and training together.

Helena blocked Amyra's sword and shrugged.

"I... -Yes! Of course."

"Are you trying to convince me," Amyra sighed heavily and punched Helena lightly on the shoulder. "Or yourself?"

Helena smiled and shook her head at her friend, walking over to get some water from the table across the training room.

As Helena heavily breathed, pouring herself some water, Amyra behind her looked more troubled than before.

"Seriously, Elyana, don't tell me that you actually think they're still coming?"

But Amyra didn't understand, she didn't know Jon or Devrys. She didn't know how persistent and naive her sisters could be. They would come for her. She knew it. 

Right?

"Why wouldn't they?" Helena persisted. "I am their Queen. I had two dragons-"

"Two." Amyra interrupted quietly as she slowly lifted her gaze and met Helena's. "You had two dragons and you were one of two in the known world to have two out of five. But here... The dragonlords like to gift their children dragons at the age of six." 

Helena looked at Amyra bitterly, knowing that it was the truth. 

"Elyana, your brother can't storm Valyria with one dragon. In fact, even if your brother had ten dragons it wouldn't be enough."

Yes. She was right. Helena had spent her time in Valyria wisely, if she was not on duty then she spent her time memorizing, looking around and getting to know the Houses. 

But even if she did learn it all, would they come for her? Surely, they would try, but they probably wouldn't succeed. Helena has seen some fair share of security, but this was far beyond comprehension. Dragons flying everywhere, surrounding every corner of Valyria, dragonlords and deadly guards...