Chapter 80- Burn them all

Authors note: To all my readers, I have decided to delete some of the chapters and remake them since I feel like the story started going a bit south... But stay tuned, I've been working on this for some time!!!

Helena's POV;

Her dragons were beautiful, were a gift to her that she had preserved so well and treated so... lovingly.
Losing a dragon however...

She could've only imagined the pain of losing a dragon, but then again... Helena had longed to question her aunt, had merely just waited for the right time. And now was the time.

Helena saw her aunt leaning on the newly fixed balcony that was looking out at the newly built Kings Landing, walking over to her.

Helena leaned on the balcony next to her and exhaled.

"It's a wonder they built it so quickly." Daenerys said, breaking a smile. Helena looked down at her feet and pressed her eyes.

"Yes, indeed." For the first time in a long time both royals were wearing dresses that they had not worn for ages. Usually Helena wore leather or fur clothes and coats. After all, fighting in a dress is a bit of an annoyance.

"I dreamt of being in this castle," Daenerys said. "My brother was aiming for the throne until my husband killed him, it just became my goal somehow. At first, my only desire was to go home. I only knew this castle, this city, as home."

Which wasn't very hard to understand since she had only heard of the castle ever since she was born. This was made by the Targaryens, this castle has been ruled by Targaryens for the most part. 

"I had never witnessed it, but... I just wanted to go home."  And Helena knew that feeling. Like Kings Landing, Winterfell was Helena's home.

Helena then shook her head and looked out at the entire city that was cleaned of bodies and ashes.

"Why'd you do it, Dany?" Helena finally asked, her voice very quiet.

But thinking about it, was there ever a right answer?

"I... I can't make out exactly why. I was doing it but it was like having no control. All I could hear was... was 'burn them all'. It was like revenge."

"For what?"

Daenerys looked at Helena and shook her head. "I don't know."

"What got over you? How come you killed all-"

"Elyana," Dany said, her eyes big. "I can't explain, it was like something was controlling me to do it. As if it was meant to happen, just like you and Damien!"

Helena was quiet, knowing no matter how wrong it was to kill all of those innocent people, she was right about one thing: some things were meant to happen. Was Daenerys trying to save herself? Or was she speaking the truth?

"I know what I was doing, I was aware I just couldn't stop myself. Maybe it's madness, the patterns of a Targaryen. Whatever it is, I just-"

"I could have killed you," Helena interrupted. "It's the right thing to do, but something won't let me."

"What do you mean?"