Chapter 16~ Targaryen

Just as ser Meryn was about to enter Helena, she heard something that shouldn't have happened, something she hoped not for. 

Devrys, looking like an angry beast at this rate, raised his fists and punched ser Meryn away from Helena. Taking him by the collar and throwing him away, Devrys suddenly looked towards Joffrey. 

"Kill me if you please," Devrys said angrily. "But I will not watch as my Queen gets raped in front of a crowd! If she was to be punished, do it for a valid reason! If you wish to burn her, then burn me along with her." Immediately Helena shook her head.

It didn't matter if she burned in her room, she would still live. At least that's what her father said! She had no idea if it was true, but she didn't know if Devrys could handle fire and still live. 

"No.." Helena said. Even though Joffrey had told ser Meryn to leave her face, he hadn't. Joffrey had changed his mind and told him to beat her since she would die anyways. Now, her beaten face made it hard for her to talk. 

"I will die alone."

Helena suddenly saw that Sansa was about to move forwards, but Helena shook her head to her sister, miming no. 

"I have made my mind up," Joffrey said. "Both of you will die together in her chambers!" he said happily just as the Hound, with a disgusted look at the King, started walking forward. Devrys walked towards Helena and took a hold of her hand, giving her his cloak. 

Helena tried not to panic as they walked up to the chambers, but felt that something was going to happen. She looked up to Devrys and shook her head. 

"I told you not to-"

"I found it hard accepting your husband," Devrys said blankly, looking in front of him as Joffrey spoke loudly of how he was going to burn Helena alive. "I won't accept any other man touching and beating you... I won't let you down ever again." 

"Devrys..."

"You are my Queen," Devrys said. "I will die for you."

But she didn't want that! She didn't want Devrys to die for her, he could still live on and have a good life in Essos most likely! Whatever it was, Helena did definitely not want Devrys to die. No matter what he said. 

She would find a way to save him. 

Quicker than expected, Helena was pushed into her chambers. Joffrey looked at her from the door and smirked. 

"I never understood why I wanted to marry you! Looks are not everything I guess, right, bastard bitch?" Helena looked down at the ground and spit out her own blood from her mouth. 

She took a good look at Joffrey. 

"The last thing you will see before you die is my face." But of course, he didn't care. 

Ser Meryn suddenly started to light her bed on fire, leaving the room as Joffrey pushed Devrys inside. Even worse that Helena's entire chamber was a mess of clothes that lit up as soon as the fire got in touch. 

"Devrys, you need to get out!"

"If I die, you'll make it out of here." Devrys said just as Helena took a hold of his hands and shook her head. 

"If you die, I will be lost." The fire started to spread quicker and quicker. "I need you by my side, Devrys. Always." 

Helena could not help herself this time, she was already basically an enemy of the crown and- 

"Claw..." Helena whispered, running towards the side on the bed where she saw Claw sleeping peacefully, not even noticing the fire. Helena shook her head in despair, shaking Claw to consciousness.

Luckily, Claw woke up and protectively stood behind Helena. 

"You need to get Claw out," Helena said. "You both need to survive and that is an order! I command you both to get out." 

"Helena-" Before Devrys could say another thing, Helena went right in for a kiss on Devrys' soft pink and full lips. She had kissed him out of pure instinct, she wanted him to know how much she cared him, how much she wanted him to live and be by her side. 

Pulling back, Helena looked at him with admiration. "I command you to get out of here.." 

And he did, somehow, he got out from a window. Helena had no idea how, but he did and he took Claw with him. Helena, though, was surprised by the fire. 

The fire itself had soon started to burn her clothes away, but her skin was safe, her hair was safe... The fire didn't hurt, but more likely felt like a slight and soft poke. It didn't hurt at all... It made Helena smile a bit, knowing that she was not only the daughter of Lyanna Stark.

But she was the daughter of Rhaegar Targaryen, too. 

As the fire spread around the entire room, Helena tried to find a way out of it- pathetically, but still looking. Suddenly, with a great shock, something crawled up on her foot. Helena knew that this was not the fire, for fire did not have feet or hands and certainly not wings. 

"Seven Hells..." Helena whispered as two creatures climbed up on her, their sounds horrid. Helena could not believe her eyes, for a moment she even thought she was dead and was probably dreaming all of this. 

However, that was clearly not the case, because climbing on her were two relatively large new born dragons. 

Helena looked at the dragons whom had climbed their way up to her shoulders. One dragon was blue, a dark yet light shade of blue with black and red marks. The larger dragon was a beautiful shade of white, so beautiful that Helena could not take her eyes off the dragon for a moment. Red and black prints were seen here and there on the dragon and the inside of the wings were entirely pitch black. 

Shaking her head, Helena went forward to the door right in front of her saw that the door itself was starting to burn a bit. 

That's when she took her chance, kicking the door open as her entire naked body was seen by two guards, shocked and almost scared to see her as she came out from the fire, the two dragons on her shoulders. 

"Get back!" One of the guard said as Helena closed her eyes and breathed in. For nine months she'd had no practice in combat whatsoever, but it all seemed to come back now. 

She took one of the guard by the hand, twisting it hard enough as she kicked him in the stomach, taking his sword and shoving it up his stomach. 

Helena looked at the other guard, her eyes as dangerous and passionate as the burning flames. 

"Tell King Joffrey," she said, pointing the pointy end at the guard. "That Helena, daughter of Lyanna and Rhaegar Targaryen, will come for him, with fire and blood Tell him, the north remembers."