Chapter 5~ Legitimized

Picture above is how I imagine Helena to look with just a tad more violet eyes!

-

After a very long journey, Helena was actually happy to say that she was finally at the Red Keep. 

But at the same time, her heart ached with a longing of home. She missed Winterfell even more and missed Robb. She missed little Bran and Rickon... And the thought of Jon just destroyed her completely. 

However, for being a bastard, Helena surely had a nice room, no denying. 

Helena walked around her room, feeling the satin and velvet fabrics on her bed that were so fine she could probably rip them with just her hands if she tried. Not that she'd ever do that, they looked quite expensive. However, the royals could afford it...

Helena skimmed her eyes across the room and felt sickness. This is not where she belongs... She just couldn't. 

"Hell!" Arya shouted as she stormed into Helena's room, a big grin on her face as she jumped on Helena's bed. Arya sat down beside her sister and laughed. 

"Enjoying yourself?" Helena said, looking at Arya whom had already managed to get dirty somehow. Arya always knew how to get herself dirty. Always! 

"Well..." Arya said, sitting straight up as her green, bright eyes glared into Helena's. "Father said the King wants your presence. By the Iron Throne!" 

Helena felt how her heart immediately skipped a beat. 

She definitely did not want to go the Great Hall, knowing there would be a crowd of royals watching as the King would scowl away at her. But why? Why did the King want her in the Great Hall room? 

Helena could not find a single thing she had done wrong. After all, she had arrived just merely ten minutes ago. There was not much she could do. 

Helena nodded as the Septa had come inside to help her with a dress for the meeting with the King. Whether she was going to die or get her hands cut off, she'd do it looking pretty, Septa Mordane told her. 

Helena didn't really care, the only time she cared was when she was marching towards the Great Hall, feeling that with every step she took, her heart was beating faster, harder and weirder. She almost felt out of breath, felt like she was going to be ill. 

And then the doors were ahead of her to the Great Hall. 

"Take deep breaths, Helena." Septa Mordane whispered, clearly knowing that Helena was scared to death and shaking with fear. However, if she turned around and heeled her way back to Winterfell, they'd only come after her for disobeying the orders of the King. 

The guards opened the doors and Helena walked inside. The minute she walked inside, she felt confidence swooping over her like a cloak. She kept a straight face, feeling the many faces on left and right side looking at her as if she was a ghost. 

In front of her were a few guards, the Queen, her stuck up little prince and Sansa next to him. The King was sitting on the iron throne, looking almost mesmerized as Helena had walked inside. He looked at her as if he was dreaming. 

Helena suddenly saw her father on her left side, just a little further away from her. He smiled weakly at her, almost with sorrow. It only made Helena worried. 

As always, Helena curtsied. 

"My King." Helena said in a soft voice as her red, beautiful dress shaped her body beautifully. Helena looked stunning, even so beautiful she had stunned the King and made him speechless. Or maybe just reminded him of...