Chapter 13~ Depth of Death

Helena didn't know how she felt about anything any longer. 

The fact that she was the rightful heir to the throne, that she bore the future rightful Prince or Princess.. That King Robert would kill her and sir Devrys if he found out about them! This was insane. 

That clearly meant that Helena still had relatives from the Targaryen family as well... Daenerys Targaryen, her official aunt. Not to mention Jon... 

She knew she could not write this in the letters. She could not and would not, for it would endanger her and her baby and her entire family. 

"Aegon..." Helena said with a smile and tried not to laugh. That was Jon's true name. Aegon Targaryen whilst she was Elyana Visenya Targaryen. 

Helena stood by the terrace in her chambers, looking out at Kings Landing. It was still sunny and it was also very hot! However, that wasn't something she was thinking about. 

Sir Devrys stood right next to her, keeping an eye for danger. Obviously, he didn't always have to do that, but he did despite what she said. Sir Devrys did as he pleased. 

"I could take the entire Kingdom if people find out who I am." Helena said, mostly to herself. Obviously, she knew there were people out there who still had respect for the Targaryen's. Helena was confused herself. 

She felt more like a Targaryen, but her heart belonged to the Stark. 

"Are you going to, my Queen?" Helena shook her head and looked at sir Devrys with a smirk. She was pregnant, she would not do such a thing. 

"Less than a year ago I was a bastard," Helena said. "Now I am the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, but I would still not risk anything. I prefer safety." she said, rubbing her belly. But then she thought about Joffrey. 

Would she really prefer that? She could have him killed within seconds, after all. 

"You were never a bastard," sir Devrys said. "You were always a Princess, rightful heir to the-"

"To the Iron throne." Helena finished. "I know. But now Joffrey is taking that place." Speaking of Joffrey... He should be back quite soon from his hunt with his father. Not that Joffrey could actually hunt.

"But you still have power." sir Devrys said.

"Cersei will make sure I don't."

Before Helena and Devrys could talk any further, they heard someone behind them announcing that the King and his son were back. Helena locked eyes with sir Devrys and shook her head. 

"War is out of the question." Helena said lastly before they left to see her husband and the King. 

Helena had expected them at least to come back a bit later, but they were back quite soon. Well, that was only to see that everyone started bursting that the King was sick. Helena saw how the maids and guards started to move dramatically around. 

Joffrey was walking towards a curious Helena. "Joffrey." Helena said, forcing a smile on her face as she hugged him. Joffrey put his arms around her waist and closed his eyes. 

It looked like he merely needed a hug, but he pulled away and looked into her violet blue eyes. 

"You'd better go, dear. This might not be good for the baby." 

Later

"He's sick?" Sansa questioned her father, which Helena was quite shocked about, too. How could the King be sick after a hunt? And what kind of sickness would drag him to his death? 

It made no sense to Helena... Sir Devrys himself had his doubts. 

"He is." Lord Stark said, softly touching Sansa's arm. "You have to leave, little bird. The King has asked for a minute with your sister."

With a look on her father, Lord Stark nodded and nudged her to the room where the sick King was. Helena had no idea if she really wanted to go inside. But she did, despite having bad back pain she would still go inside to the man that showed her nothing but kindness. 

Helena opened the door carefully to the King's chambers and went inside the dark room with very few lights. She was unsure, for not even the Queen had visited him. But Joffrey was there, on a stool, sitting next to his father. 

He looked... sad. 

She walked to death bed of Robert Baratheon, sitting on a chair on Joffrey's left side. 

That's when King Robert opened his eyes and looked at Helena, and he seemed very pleased. 

"Helena Stark." Stark? Helena tried not to look confused. "That is how I want to remember you." 

"As you please, my King." 

"Robert, Helena... I am near my own death, you might as well count me as your equal. That is all we've been the entire time!" the King said, trying to laugh but failing. Helena looked down, seeing nothing but her big belly and her little kicker. 

Suddenly, he waved Joffrey off the other stool. "I want you to hear my loud and clear, Helena.." he whispered weakly as Helena nodded, sitting on the chair closer to the King. She could not help it, so she took a hold of the King's hand. 

He smiled kindly. 

"You remind me so much of my dear Lyanna, your aunt." Her mother. "She was as beautiful and strong as you are... You're just like your aunt, but you are a true Queen, my dear." Helena pushed back the tears that were forcing their way out. 

"I would've like to seen the little rascal before I die..." Helena looked down at her belly and felt a kick. Did the baby just respond? Helena smiled and as she did, a tear started to roll down her cheek. 

"I owe you my life." Helena said. Which was true, Robert had shamed his own son in front of everyone for disrespecting Helena, he had a guard executed for trying to kill her months ago. He had protected Helena many times. 

"Thank you for everything that you've done for me and my family. Thank you for saving this country..."

"What is the rascals name?" Helena had not expected this question from the King, but she had thought about it. For some reason, she thought it was a girl. She just had that feeling.. 

"Lyarra, if it's a girl. For a boy... Eddard." Helena smiled, which Joffrey seemed to dislike very much.  

"After your father-"

"I love both names,"  Robert interrupted his son. "They both remind of brave people."

"Thank you, Robert."

Finally, Robert took one look at Joffrey and shook his head. "You have to take care of her."

"I will father." Joffrey said, but he said it like he didn't actually care which irritated Helena. He had the guts to talk like that to his father on his death bed? Helena was disgusted. 

"Helena Stark," Robert said with a weak smile. "Take care of your family... You're... a..Queen...."

"The North remembers," Helena whispered as tears went down her cheeks. "I will repay you." 

That day, Helena did not eat nor sleep. 

She did not talk to anyone, she just watched as the sun went down, welcoming darkness. 

Until hell went loose. 

Next thing Helena knew, sir Devrys was running towards her with Sansa, both of them looking completely terrified as Helena, as weak as she was, fell to the ground. 

Everything went black.