Chapter 3~ Truth

Helena walked out of the room where the feast was held, knowing that whatever was going to happen from here on, she and Jon would be separated. And no matter how much she wanted, how much she had begged her father, he never gave her a chance. 

"Please, father," she had begged, standing in the middle of the room with him and uncle Benjen. Of course, uncle Benjen hadn't said much about this. He had not even encouraged Helena. She had no idea why. 

"Helena-"

"Father, please! I want to go to the wall with my brother! I am no good here, no good at all, I will be able to do some good at the Wall." Uncle Benjen then raised his voice for the first time during their conversation.

"Your father is right, Elena," he said, looking at her with sweet eyes. They seemed to feel pity for her as he kept his gaze on her which is maybe why he kept himself to her nickname instead of her full name. 

"The Wall is no place for a woman, nonetheless a lady. You'll be around men who haven't seen women since their arrival, haven't touched a woman!" Helena kept her look on her uncle as she slowly turned around to look at her father. 

"I'll learn how to fight." Helena said, her look filled a certain plea. "I promise, I will learn to fight and defend myself! I will be as strong as fierce as Robb, as skilled as Jon and as strong and wise like you father." 

"It's no." Her father said, looking away from her. "I will not risk you being in danger. End of discussion."

"But father-"

"He's right," uncle Benjen said once again. "I'm sorry, love, but the Wall is not a place fit for ladies. Especially not the beauty of the north." 

But that did not help. Helena did not want to be a lady nor did she want to be a beauty of the north. However, it could not be helped. She could probably smooth talk her way to her fathers decision, but if uncle Benjen agreed...

"I want to fight." Helena said quietly. And she did...

"But you can't fight, now can you?" No, she couldn't. In all honesty, she could not even hit a woman. Helena was weak, she knew that. But if someone was willing, having the patience, to train her... She could only feel that she'd be at her best. 

"I want to learn, uncle Benjen." Helena said with a plea as her dark violet eyes stared into her uncles with desperation. Helena did not want to go to Kings Landing and accompany the high court ladies or lord. 

She wanted to be with Jon, she wanted adventure and nothing else. Besides, Jon and Helena were twins. They hadn't been separated for a very long time... If they were, it was only when Jon had been sick, which was for four days. 

Even then, Helena begged to see her twin, cried after him every night. 

"Helena," uncle Benjen, looking at his beautiful niece. "You are too young. You don't know what you're wishing for."

"Yes, I do!" Helena said, completely determined. "I do know! I wish to be with my brother, I wish to fight and do some good! I do not want to be..."

"Don't." Uncle Benjen cut her off and shushed her. He almost looked mat at her. "You are not a bastard! Sweet, summer child, you are no bastard! You still have the Stark blood in your veins! Any one who calls you a bastard is a fucking pig!" 

"But I am a bastard," Helena said. "I am known as a basta-"

"You are known as Helena of Winterfell." Uncle Benjen said, cupping her little face. "You are Helena, you are no bastard of my brother. You're his...daughter!" But the last part was said as if he himself did not believe she was Lord Stark's daughter. 

"The Wall is no place for you, Helena." 

"Please, I just-"

"Lord Commander would never take you in either way, Helena. You are a woman, dear." And that was all she needed.

No matter what she said or did, the same answer was upon her callings. She could not possibly hear an answer that could actually satisfy. It was always the same base all over again; she was a woman. Even though she was a bastard, she was also the daughter of  Lord. 

And she meant something to her father. 

That night, Helena went to bed knowing that the very next day, they were going to Kings Landing. 

Difference is, she could not go to bed. She refused to... She would miss Winterfell way too much. Looking down at Claw, whom was not sleeping either, she hastily moved Claw to the door. Claw was a smart direwolf, he always protected Helena and her family. He was a caring wolf. 

Helena went out then, knowing she should be getting rest. However, she wanted to see everything one last time before she left... 

Just like the North, Helena would remember every last bit of Winterfell, for only the Gods knew when they would return.