Chapter 76~ The Female bloodline

Everything was... destroyed.

There was not a single house standing up, everything was burnt to ashes. Of course, the only thing that was actually still standing was half of the castle.

It was horrible. Nothing with this was right. Everywhere Helena walked she could always see burnt bodies. What hurt the most was the way the bodies were posed, in positions where they hugged each other. Helena felt her heart sink at the sight of it all.

Helena had only truly felt fear very few times in her life, but this scared her to death. To take so many innocent lives!

Helena got down on her knees and closed her eyes. Jon, Cersei and Dev were right behind her, but she couldn't bother to care. Somehow, her body acted on its own. Her fists were full of dirt, ashes.

I will end her, Helena thought.

"This is beyond..." Cersei murmured. "Is this what a dragon queen tries to achieve?"

Helena opened her eyes dramatically and turned her head to Cersei as if she had seen a ghost.

"Had you surrendered none of this would've happened." Helena spat, getting up as she walked towards Cersei.

"I would kill you here and now if I had the chance, I would've needed your miserable life!" Dev and Jon suddenly held her, making it impossible for her to reach Cersei.

She was so angry, was so hurt and so broken at this point that she could act without thinking. But that was not alike her...

Helena inhaled and exhaled, her violet eyes burning, that flame coming through once again. Cersei backed away from her, seeing that flame in her eyes seemed to make people terrified.

"You're lucky I promised Jamie to keep you alive."

"Jamie?" She stuttered.

"He fought with us and the only thing he asked of was mercy. I am not going to kill a mother or an innocent child. I am not like you."

Cersei just gazed at her, completely cold with her look. Somehow, even after all of this, Helena saw that Cersei managed to have the same cold look she always had. Like she didn't care.

"Where is Jamie?"

"Listen, we need to get to the castle." Jon said suddenly. "The fire has stopped and-"

"My Queen!" Ser Davos came running behind them and he looked terrified. None of them were surprised though...

"Daenerys is at the castle, all of her armies are there too."

"Where's Stark?" Helena questioned. "He went after her and Drogon."

But she didn't even have to ask, she saw Stark flying above them. Meaning, Drogon had escaped him. Helena had no luck in finding her, she flew off without actually being able to find her.

"Helena, your back..." Jon looked at the scars of Drogon, they were nearly healed with the help of Damien. Although, he told her to be careful.
Which she had not quite been.

She hadn't actually noticed but her wounds had opened quite a bit, her tunic was already soaked in blood.

"I'm fine."

"My Queen!" Helena turned around and saw one of the soldiers from Winterfell, he was completely out of breath.

It made Helena react immediately.

"What's going on?" She questioned directly.

"The castle..." he exhaled. "Daenerys-"

But she did not need to hear another word.