Chapter 29~ Lannister's don't perform miracles

Devrys' POV;

He understood that Jon Snow may think he knows everything about Elly, but he did not. 

Devrys was there, he was there all along and he would do it all again if that's what it took. He would do anything for her. She was his Queen, and he would always obey and serve her. However, it surprised Devrys that Jon actually asked him. 

"The letters itself was enough," Jon said. "But I want to know what happened to her." 

"Horrible things." Devrys said, not rudely however. After all, Jon was a Targaryen too. Devrys just didn't serve him the way he served Helena.

"Ser Devrys," Jon said, almost in a plea. "I beg of you." And he had no choice. 

Jon, as a true King and the heir, asked to know. So Devrys had to answer, he has sworn to that even if he did not personally swear it to Jon. 

Just like Helena, Jon was a King, except Helena acted the part. 

"Joffrey did love her in the beginning," Devrys said. "He respected her, but Queen Cersei always got in the way, making Joffrey beat Her majesty." Jon looked down, thoughtfully. 

"You let it happen?" Jon questioned. 

"Yes," Devrys said, feeling the guilt pouring over him. "Many times." 

"While she was pregnant?" 

"Yes."

"And you did nothing?" Jon asked in disbelief. "You sworn to protect her yet you let-"

"I was tempted every time!" Devrys raised his voice. "Even your father told me to stay out of it! I cannot raise a hand against the King without hurting her! Cersei would make sure that she got revenge... I can't..."

"Can't what?"

Devrys shook his head. "She always told me that when she screamed my name, I could come in and help her. It was her husband, but the minute that pig ordered those men to rape her and beat her I lost it."

He remembered it very clearly, how ser Meryn cut off her clothes and revealed her entire body to everyone, how Joffrey wanted all of his men to take turns raping her. 

"I had a hard time accepting her husband mistreating her, but I would not accept any other man putting a hand on Helena."

"You love her." Jon said, mostly to himself. It was like he had just realized it, which was a first. Devrys, however, said nothing about it. He was sworn to protect her, love did not concern his vow. 

Nonetheless, he still did it out of love. 

"A knight protecting his Queen would never admit it to a King, but yes," he said. "I do love her, and I will keep loving her till I take my last breath on this monstrous earth."

Jon had his look locked on Devrys, but it was now the usual brotherly murderous looks. It was more of an admiring look, a happy look.

"You see," Jon said, straightening as he sat. "I was worried of my sister not having anyone by her side, so hearing this from you means allot. I know that I can depend on you."

"It sounds like you're about to abandon her."

"I know I made you come all this way, but I am not about to fight Cersei when there is something bigger out there." 

"Like what?" Devrys questioned. 

"The white walkers are coming, and they might've not made an attack, but slowly they're coming. Maybe faster than ever..."

"Your sister has dragons." Devrys said in return. He did not want to call Jon a liar, for he was still the rightful King. However, he couldn't exactly say it was true until he saw it with his own eyes. But for Helena it was different. 

She believed what Jon said in the letters. 

Speaking of Helena... Sam came rushing into the dining room, looking as if he had been running miles. 

"She's back!"

Cersei's POV;

Cersei had no idea. 

From the moment she saw Helena Snow she knew that there was something peculiar about her, she knew that there was something mystical and different about the little bastard girl. 

But she never thought that Helena would be having this much power. 

"Two dragons, dothraki army, the Unsullied and the Second Sons. The Second Sons only fight for the highest bidder and the Unsullied are loyal and obedient. Not to mention the dothraki..." Lord Tywin said, the lion itself speaking as if he was in fear. 

Cersei despised the fact that her own father seemed to fear her. He had saved the city from Renly Baratheon, but would he win over someone with two dragons whose relative has three dragons?

"She even cut your brothers hand off." he said in disgust to Cersei. "A fool that can't protect himself against a girl." 

But then again, Jamie had told Cersei all about her. 

"Jamie says she's good with the sword."

"Well then she's clearly better with a cock, I'll have her killed before she can do that favor again, nasty bastard bitch-" Joffrey was interrupted by Tywin once again for speaking like a fool. 

"You don't know the first thing about being a King," Tywin said. "You've killed her father, her son which was also your son-"

"He was not my son!" Joffrey protested. "That is also why I killed-"

"I am a fierce fighter, my king," lord Tywin said, almost in disgust. "But not even I have the courage to kill a newborn babe in front of a crowd. That is heartless and shows how much of a coward you are. You're a disgust." 

"Pardon?" Joffrey said angrily, but he knew better as soon as Cersei put a hand on his. 

"I won't repeat myself." Tywin said with a deadly look. "You may be a King, but I am still your grandfather."

"My father-"

"Your father is dead." 

"We should be discussing the girl," Tyrion said, his voice lowered from where he sat, quiet like a mouse. "There is not much we can do without ending up dead."

"So you believe we can't kill her?" Cersei questioned. 

"We can," Tyrion said obviously. "But can we kill five dragons?" 

"Everyone can be killed."

"Are you not listening?" Tyrion said, almost angrily. "Dothraki, Unsullied, Second Sons, dragons! Maybe even the entire North!" 

"The North is in need of money, winter is coming."  Cersei said.  "They won't survive without food and for that they need money. We can provide them with it, as long as they obey. We will make a weapon to kill a dragon. We are Lannister's."

"We are," Tyrion said nodding. "But we don't make miracles out of money, sister."

But Cersei doubted it.

Sansa's POV;

"You said I was leaving tonight," Sansa protested, feeling her eyes burning with tears. "I am leaving!" 

"Sansa, I will tell you all about-"

But Sansa would not listen for another second. He promised that she would be going home and that is what she wanted. Not for a second did she want to stay in King's landing any longer... She had to leave. 

"I am leaving! I will leave whether you like it or not-"

"Sansa!" Littlefinger took a hold of her hand and looked at her with sympathy. "Helena has given message that she will be here for Joffrey's wedding, within two days."

"What?" 

"Your sister plans on killing him."