Chapter 37~Valar Morghulis

Helena's POV;

Helena walked to the castle that she knew as Lady Catelyn's home, where her sister's would be safe for now. Not that Arya needed any of that protection, after all.. She could fight better than any girl her age.

Helena and Arya walked side by side inside to the entrance of the castle, the guards knowing whom Helena was. It was only natural since she had spent quite some time here with her own dothraki armies and her dragons. 

"Sansa should be up in her chambers," Helena said. "Your aunt is here somewhere too... I think she'll be happy to see you, Arya-"

"My Queen." Helena looked behind her and saw Littlefinger. He had changed, even though it had been just a month since she last saw him. To imagine that it'd take Helena month to ride back to the North. 

That ship surely took its own time. 

"Lord Baelish." Helena said politely, finding his little smirk a bit.. suspicious. Helena ignored it, for the moment. 

"Welcome back, you must be tired," he said. "I'll escort you to your chambers!"

"That can wait," Helena said, looking at him weirdly. "I'm going to check up on Sansa, I'm sure she'd like to see Arya." Littlefinger looked at Arya, almost shockingly, eyeing her. Helena understood, she herself did not even recognize Arya for a second the minute she laid eyes on her. 

She had truly changed. 

"Lady Arya, welcome back home-" But Arya shook her head. 

"Our home has been taken by the Bolton's. This will never be home, lord Baelish." Helena looked down at her feet, knowing it was true. 

She missed Winterfell as much as Arya did and if she could go back in time and change things she would. 

The two sisters turned around, ready to walk up to nearest castle entrance, but once again...

"My Queen!" Once again, she turned around and looked at him, this time she knew something was going on. The look on lord Baelish's face said it all. 

Something was going on and he was trying to hide it. 

Helena walked up to him, slowly, hands on Ice. She bit her teeth, mouth closed. This weird feeling just seemed to swoop up inside her. 

"What's happened, Petyr?" Helena asked, clearly more aggressive. She knew, she simply knew, that something was going on. 

But Petyr, as the little coward he was, simply looked at Helena with eyes of fear. Of course, she noticed that fear in his eyes. It was clear...

"What have you done?" she asked with a threatening quiet tone. 

"There are some things you ought to know." 

"I'm listening." One look was enough to scare him off, but then of course... 

Petyr was Petyr, he was always going to take his time and address everything formally. That was not the way Helena played it. All her life she had been Helena Snow, she knew how to be formal, she just preferred not to be. 

"In order to protect Winterfell, for everyone's sake, I made a deal with the Bolton's." Suddenly Helena felt her feet taking steps towards Petyr, closer and closer. 

"What deal?" 

Sansa's POV;

She was being locked in her room. 

It's been weeks, maybe months for all Sansa knew. It felt like months, at least... But she could not, would not, think about time. After all, she was being locked up, a hostage once again. 

Petyr Baelish had saved her, made it possible for Helena to enter Kings Landing, had saved her from a bunch of monsters... And now he had given her to other monsters that betrayed her family, killed them. 

Suddenly the door opened. 

Sansa turned around quickly, out of fear, thinking that Ramsay was coming inside to torment her and use her body however he liked. 

But it was not him. 

Sansa could not look at Theon without thinking of Bran and Rickon. He had... he had killed them. 

"What are you doing here?" Sansa demanded. 

"I am here to... to feed-"

Sansa got up from her bed and walked towards him. "Is it true?" she asked him, almost with a threatening tone. 

"Sansa-"

"No more excuses, Theon! Did you kill them? Did you kill our brothers!" Sansa hadn't realized it herself but her voice was raised, despite that she didn't care who heard her. She didn't care that no one knew who Theon was anymore or if he called himself Reek. 

"I..I..." He was clearly scared.. It was so unusual to see Theon scared. It destroyed her to see him like this and the same time it made her so angry she could burn his body just like he did to their brothers!

"Tell me,Theon! Tell me to my face that you didn't kill our brothers! Tell me to my face, Theon!" Sansa had cupped his face, violently and started crying as she shouted at him. She started shouting at the boy who she once saw as one of their own. 

A Stark. 

"They weren't Bran and Rickon, Sansa!" he cried out, painfully almost. "They weren't... I never killed them."

Sansa let him go and backed away, feeling at least happy for that. "You never killed them?" 

"Of course not!" Theon said. "I did what I was expected to do, but I could never kill Bran and Rickon or any... any of you." 

But then the other devil came. 

Arya's POV;

Never in her life had she seen her sister this angry. Her violet illuminating eyes were darkened, her entire face was darker, angry and filled with wrath. It was like she could kill any man on the spot with that look. 

The Hell that Arya knew was not like this. But this was not a bad change... 

"You sold my sister to the Bolton's." Helena said darkly, looking at Petyr Baelish with murderous eyes. Arya herself was shocked that Littlefinger, whom had been a close family friend, had betrayed them like this. 

"I left her in your hands," Helena said. "And you sell her to the enemies? What the fuck is that all about!"

"My Queen-"

"I would have you dead right now. I would have your body burned for what you have done... I swear to the old Gods, I would kill you myself and torture you until you can no longer walk. But you've just started a war, Petyr."

"Queen Helena, there is no need for war-"

"Oh yes, it is." Helena said, gritting her teeth. "You sold her and you suppose we can just go and claim her back from someone who has an entire army? We don't have enough, you stupid cunt."

"That is why you have dragons." Arya rolled her eyes and laughed ironically. 

"You suppose we are to burn down Winterfell and innocent people?" Arya commented. "We might as well just give up if we are going to use the dragons burn down Winterfell." 

"That is not all," Petyr suddenly said. "I have news of Jon."

"Jon?" Arya wondered, as if Petyr was trying to change the subject just so he wouldn't get the blame. 

"He's dead." 

And for the first time, Arya saw Helena run as if death was coming her way.

Valar morghulis, Arya thought as she started running.