CHAPTER 8

Sidharth entered his cabin after ending the meeting with some Malaysian investors. It was a tough team to crack but he still had high hopes. Settling down in his chair, Sidharth rolled his sleeves and called his secretary. "Send me a coffee please." Relaxing back he lit a smoke. He looked at his phone on the table. 4 days had passed since they met. They had messaged each other but this time it was Sidharth's work that kept him occupied. He had been so busy that he only went home to eat and fall into bed. Back to back meetings had taken up all his time. But it seemed Shehnaaz too was busy at her end. By now Sidharth had figured out this much that this was a girl who was serious about her studies and her life. Unlike a lot of people her own age, she seemed to display a quiet maturity that was way beyond her years.He assumed that she too had been caught up with class work and her life in general which was why the messages had dwindled. In fact neither had sent anything the whole of yesterday. Needless to say she was always on his mind but professional commitments kept him from opening that contact. Blowing out smoke he opened whatsapp.

Sidharth

Hey, what's up? Busy?

A few minutes passed. And then his phone beeped.

Shehnaaz

Hey you! Naah! Not today. Aaj chhutti hai!

Sidharth

Oh, nice! Lucky you. I'm stuck working as usual. Lagi padi hai.

Shehnaaz thought about something before typing.

Shehnaaz

I know, I can imagine. Thik se baat bhi nahi hui hai humari. But do you want to hang? Like go out somewhere, maybe?

Shehnaaz

I mean not right now of course! Coz I know you are busy. But later?

Sidharth

Would love to. Does 5.30 work for you? I actually have a few hours before my last meeting for the day.

Shehnaaz

Yeah yeah totally! There's a very nice place in Bandra west. I'll send you the location. Meet me there?

Sidharth

Sounds perfect. But can you let me know the name of the place now? So I can make some arrangements.

Shehnaaz understood that going out with Sidharth Shukla came with its own set of restrictions. And there really was nothing she could do about it. No matter how much she disliked it.

Shehnaaz

Yes, ok, I understand. Sending you the address and location now.

Sidharth

Ok, be ready at 5.00 and I'll pick you up. In case I can't, I'll send my car.

Shehnaaz

No, no, plz don't do that. Main aa jaungi.

Sidharth

No. I'll be there or my car will.

Shehnaaz

Sidharth, plz yaar! Try and understand. Main khud aa jaungi! I might have to go out for something uske pehle.

Sidharth sighed. She was too stubborn at times. And so unlike others. His experience with women so far had been so completely different that he didn't know how to deal with this girl, who came completely out of syllabus.

Sidharth

You're very stubborn, Shehnaaz. Fine. See you.

Shehnaaz