CHAPTER 12

Sidharth groaned as his alarm went off. For once he felt like skipping gym and just sleep in. But then he remembered what day it was. Pulling himself out of bed he got himself ready. 20 minutes later he was running on his treadmill while thinking of her. Shehnaaz. And their kiss. Her first kiss. He felt a mixture of happiness and a tiny bit of regret. He was happy that he got to be the first one to ever kiss her and regret...well, her first kiss should not have been outside the bathrooms of a hotel. But he was determined to make it up to her. Sidharth had been with many women. Some were models at the peak of their game. He had had amazing kisses too. But what he shared with Shehnaaz last night somehow felt incomparable. Technically it wasn't even a full kiss because she never reciprocated. It was just him. But the fact that she didn't push him away and the reaction his lips had on her was a high in itself for Sidharth.

She is young and innocent. You will ruin her. He sighed as he slowed down, turning the treadmill off. Wiping the sweat off his face and neck, he as usual ignored his mind's warnings. Walking up to his cardio area, he began his usual set. He knew Shehnaaz was very, very different from all the women he had been with. And not just in age. He knew he needed to be careful and sensitive with her. She deserved special care.

He also was aware of the fact that with Shehnaaz there was much more than what met the eyes. He had seen enough of the world to know that she was hiding some darkness underneath the bubbly facade. He would find out and protect her, if needed. But all in good time. He first needed her to open up to him more. He also decided he would let her decide how fast to proceed with...things. He wanted her physically, madly. But she was too precious for a quick lay. He would never ever do that to her. So, she would decide when she was ready. And Sidharth would wait. This was perhaps the slowest he had ever taken it with a woman. But then none of them were Shehnaaz. He didn't really know how to explain whatever he was feeling. It all seemed so new and alien to him. But he felt happy. She made him feel happy. Was his heart finally beginning to beat for someone else?

Shehnaaz on the other hand barely got any sleep. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. It was as if she could still feel his lips on hers. As if she could still taste the cigarette and mint mix. Did she expect her first kiss to be like this? No! But was her first kiss good? Yes! Just thinking about it made her feel desire pooling in her lower body and cheeks heating up. She blushed, hiding her face in her pillow. She would be meeting him again in the evening. Would they talk about it? Would they kiss again? The possibility of that made her sit up in realisation. She never even kissed him back once! Granted she was too shocked to react but what if it was a disappointment for him? He was too polite and would never say anything. She thought in dismay. He must have kissed so many women who were all skilled and experienced. Would he even feel anything with her? What if she failed to excite him?

"Uggghhh just stop," she scolded herself. She would not overthink. Instead Shehnaaz would just let things go with the flow. Feeling the need to distract herself, she decided to call Shefali over to help her dress up for her date with Sidharth.

Three hours later, the two girls stood in Shehnaaz's room studying her options together.

"Look, I feel I shouldn't go all out so soon. And this maroon slip dress would be exactly that. So better keep this out," said Shehnaaz holding up a red satin slip dress that Shefali had brought over. It was soft and gorgeous.

"Yeah, you're right. After all this is just your third date. Isko fifth date pe daal na!" she said excitedly tossing the garment aside. "But then this yellow skirt and top would be thoda zyada casual i feel. Coz baby, let's face it, you're going out with Sidharth Shukla and he might just take you to a fancy ass place in the city!"

"Hmm, you're right. Usne bataya nai hai kahan he's taking me so let's not take chances. How about this blue bandeau top with my high waisted jeans? Iske saath nude heels?" asked Shehnaaz, picking the items up optimistically.