CHAPTER 22

For the next week or so Shehnaaz felt like she was in a daze. Yet, this was the calmest she had felt in the longest time. She even let Shefali tease her occasionally without snapping back at her. And she found herself thinking of Siddharth pretty much all the time. They hadn't had the chance to meet since he dropped her last Sunday what with his work and his 2 day meeting in Delhi. But they were in touch all the time.

Siddharth had perhaps never in his life texted someone so much. And he actually looked forward to them all the time. Needless to say, he too thought about her every day. He missed her like crazy. He fought against this constant urge to see her and be around her all the time. They video called whenever they could and Shehnaaz sent him selfies and kisses everyday. He found it all so endearing. He was flying back to Mumbai the next day and he couldn't wait to hold her in his arms and make love to her again.

For Shehnaaz it was a sweet torture too. She missed him like crazy as well but the anticipation of seeing him again left permanent butterflies in her stomach. She found herself floating on a cloud the whole week.

It was a Thursday and both her and Shefali were feverishly working away on their lab work that was due the next day.

"Yaaaawwwr I'm so done! Mera result kyun match nahi horra??" asked a highly frustrated Shefali after spending nearly the whole morning at it.

"Ek minute dikha." Shehnaaz pulled her result sheet looking at the numbers and quantities.

"Tune-" She began but was interrupted by the ringing of her phone in her bag.

"Shehnaaz! Tell your boyfriend that now is not a good time to love talk at all! He may be a millionaire but we still have to pass our graduation!"

"Chup kar! Dekhne toh de."

It wasn't Siddharth. Looking at the caller ID she picked up casting a glance at Shefali.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon Shehnaaz ji! Maine phone kiya kyunki ki aap ke budget ke according ek 1 bhk mila hai. Aur Ac bhi laga hua hai. Par flat hai Chembur mein. Aap dekhengi?"

"Chembur mein? Woh toh dur padega na?" Shefali snapped her head up.

"Haan lekin aap ke budget mein abhi yahi wala mila hai. Dekh lo ek baar. Nahi acha laga toh wait karke apan dusra dekh lenge?"

"Acha ok. Kab dekh sakte hai?"

"Kal morning time sahi rahega, 10.00 baje?"

"Ok. Milte hai phir. Aap location bhej de na".

The moment she hung up Shefali snatched her phone.

"Tu kal Chembur kyun jayegi??"

Sh replied calmly, "Ek flat dekhne."

"Kyun??"

"Kyun matlab? I have to look for flats to stay in."

"Don't you like living with me? Is there a problem?"

"Shefali you know I love living with you and I never have any problems in your house. But eventually I have to move out, na."

"Arre but agar problem nahin hai toh why the heck are you thinking of moving out??"

"Shefali...." Shehnaaz sighed. "We've had this discussion before. Tere saath rehna was always going to be a temporary thing, yeh tujhe pata hai. Kabhi na kabhi toh i have to move out, na?"

"I don't agree. My parents love you like their own daughter. I love you like a sister so why do you have to move out now? Jab tu job karegi, independent ho jayegi you can leave but abhi toh you can stay na?" asked Shefali, getting emotional.