CHAPTER 9

Sidharth entered his house with his mind full of Shehnaaz. So when he walked into his living room, the sight that met him, instantly spoilt his mood. He saw his mother, Neetu and Sonia sitting on the sofa, apparently enjoying themselves over wine.

"Arre beta tum aa gaye. Look who is here!" said Ratna, pointing at Sonia. "Come sit humare saath."

"You're home early aaj. Waise it's good only," chuckled Neetu.

Sidharth looked at Sonia and nodded briefly, "Hi Sonia. All good?"

"Hey you. Yeah, all good. I met Neetu at the club so thought I'll drop by," replied Sonia coolly, a hint of a smirk on her face.

"That's great. So, ladies don't let me spoil your night. You guys carry on and I'll just see you all later. I have a virtual meeting anyway."

"Actually I'm about to leave Sid, so you sit na. I have to help Ria with an assignment anyway." Saying so Neetu got up, gave his brother and mother both a kiss and left the room.

Ratna turned to Sonia, "Toh beta it was lovely catching up with you. Actually, you know na I usually like to go to bed early. Upar se I had a long day too. So you sit here with Sidharth and I'll go up? Agar tum bura nahin manogi toh?"

Sidharth was now pissed. He felt totally ambused. His jaw tensed up realising just what his family pulled.

"Arre no, no at all. Don't worry aap please jaiye and rest. In any case Sidharth is there na. He can always keep me company and let me out later. So you go araam se. I'll see you soon next week," said Sonia, giving Ratna a small hug.

Once she was gone and it was just the 2 of them, Sidharth turned to Sonia. "What the fuck is this? You know the rule about surprise visits! And you're the one who made it!"

"Relax. It wasn't planned. And can we please talk in the privacy of your room? I don't want your help to hear our conversation and gossip later." Sonia picked up her glass and drank some more.

"They don't gossip and jo bhi kehna hai you can tell me here."

Sonia looked at him and shrugged. "Fine as you wish. Like I said this wasn't planned. I ran into Neetu at the club and she insisted I come along. She asked quite a few times tabhi I came. And I happen to like her and Ratna aunty so I really didn't see the harm in it."

"Ok great then. Toh mil liya na, now kindly go home ab."

"Why are you being so rude? Aisa kya kar liya hai. Bas ghar hi toh aayi hoon. That too on invitation." she snapped.

Sidharth let out a sigh. "I'm sorry if that sounded rude. Just that I'm very tired Sonia because I've had a very hectic week and have an even more hectic one coming up. I just want to get into bed now."

"How about some company? Let me help you relax," Sonia asked in a low voice leaning over to him. She was dressed in black trousers and a cream V-neck blouse which gave Sidharth now an ample view of her chest.

"Sonia. No, please go home." said Sidharth trying to maintain his calm.

"Acha ok. How about a goodnight kiss? I've missed you," she whined leaning even further, touching his arm.

Sidharth moved back. Not only did he want her out of his home but the proximity and all of it somehow felt wrong. He had no explanation why. Perhaps in other circumstances he may have obliged but today somehow it felt all wrong.

"Sonia, you're in my house. My family is here. Have some respect, please" said Sidharth moving back and getting from the sofa.

Anger flashed through Sonia. She felt her ego hurt. No guy ever had treated her like this. How dare he? She was Sonia Kapoor! Sidharth could see her face hardening but he couldn't care less. All he wanted was solitude and her out.