CHAPTER 18

Sidharth sat across Shehnaaz and stared at her. Was it him or was she looking prettier than the last time? Dressed in a white low neck strappy patiala suit and chandelier silver earrings, she looked gorgeous. Her neckline dipping occassionally to give him a peek into her ample cleavage. He wanted to run his tongue down that smooth neck and valley.. They were in Sea Lounge at the Taj, an old favourite of Sidharth's. And he had the best table with a lovely view-both inside and outside. They were enjoying their meal and she was busy narrating, very animatedly, about an argument her professor had with Shefali. He kept losing track because she looked so damn lovely. Like a fresh lily in white. Leaning over he caressed her cheeks making her stop mid sentence.

"Come here, give me a kiss."

Shehnaaz''s eyes widened. She looked around nervously.

"What, here? No!"

"I said come here Shehnaaz," and again almost as if her body had its own mind she found herself moving to his command. He captured her lips in the softest yet deepest kiss. His tongue rolled over her lips until they parted. Shehnaaz closed her eyes, holding back her moan as she felt his warm tongue probing her mouth. The kiss wasn't long but it was passionate, enough to leave her flushed, slightly breathless and unable to meet his eyes. She looked down fidgeting with the hem of her dupatta.

"Do you know you're even more lovely when you get all shy?" he asked.

She smiled but before she could respond, an unknown figure approached their table, almost like an intrusion into their reverie.

"Hey Sidharth! What's up bro?" Shehnaaz didn't know him but somehow his face seemed familiar. He was tall, had a good built and was very good looking.

Sidharth slightly annoyed, looked at his best friend. His timing couldn't have been more worse.

"Hey. I'm good," he responded while getting up and giving him a bro hug.

An awkward silence followed once he sat down. Kushal turned his attention to Shehnaaz and smiled a very charming smile.

"Hi! I'm Kushal. Sidharth's best friend. I don't believe we've met."

Taking his hand she flashed an equally charming smile and replied "Hi Kushal, I'm Shehnaaz. No, I don't think so but you still look a little familiar to me."

Kushal grinned wider. "Really? I don't know why but that makes me happy. I'm hard to miss I guess!" he winked at her, making her giggle.

A mildly pissed off Sidharth rolled his eyes and interrupted the two. "Shehnaaz you probably saw him at the Pratham gala. He was like a social butterfly that evening."

"Oh haan that's right! Pratham mein dekha tha maine aap ko. Kya raat thi woh, Allah!" She said without realizing it. Immediately she blushed.

Kushal raised a brow, smirking, "Kyun? Raat itni achhi thi? Ya buri?"

Sidharth pursed his lips into a thin line. He was now visibly annoyed. He looked at his friend pointedly and said "So, tu nikal raha hai abhi, na? Will catch up later then."

Kushal was in half a mind to stay back just to tease his friend but he realised he needed to know more about this girl first. He had observed the 2 of them on the Pratham night and now. Something was definitely up. Sidharth seemed different around her. He couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was but the difference was visible. He was more attentive, possessive and his eyes always seemed to be on her. And what he did 5 minutes back was completely uncharacteristic of him. Taking the initiative to kiss a woman that too in public like this was so unlike Siddharth Shukla . So yes, he decided that his need to know more about this situation was greater than his need to tease his friend.

"Haan, I'll see you shaam ko. Aaunga tere office. I have some work that side anyway so I'll drop by."

Siddharth knew what he was hinting at. Not reacting he simply nodded.

"So Sh it was lovely meeting you. Don't let me spoil your date. Maybe I'll see you and your pretty smile some other time again?"

Shehnaaz giggled even more, pissing Siddharth off further.

"Yeah, why not! Maybe he can plan something? And it was nice meeting you too!"

Once Kushal left Shehnaaz sensed a slight tension. It had been a few minutes and Sidharth was scrolling on his phone, not ignoring her exactly but not quite talking to her either.

"What's wrong?"

He looked up. "Nothing. Do you want dessert?"

"No. And don't lie. Kuch toh hua hai. You're being distant ekdam se."

"Nothing's wrong. I was just reading an email that's all."

"You're lying again. You weren't reading, you were only scrolling aisei. I saw your finger going up and down. Batao na Siiiiii kya hua?"

"Nothing I told you. I was just thinking about something related to work."

"Noooo, batao na Siii," she said pulling on his hand.

"Arre yaar Shehnaaz what's wrong with you?? Bola na kuch nahin. Baat samajh nahin aata hai kya? Don't piss me off!" He snapped, jerking his hand free.

Shehnaaz visibly flinched at his tone and Sidharth immediately regretted his whole stupid reaction. She could feel tears pricking her eyes. But she wouldn't cry. No way in hell. She was much too proud. Lowering her head she began to look for her purse. Sidharth immediately grabbed her hand.

"Shehnaaz I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like that."

"It's ok. Something pissed you off. I get it. I'm just looking for my phone to book uber."

"No you're not going like this," he said, grabbing her other hand. "Look at me. Look at me Shehnaaz," he pulled her slightly and when she finally made eye contact with him, he mouthed a sorry again.

"Please don't go like this. Main jaane hi nahin dunga. I'm really sorry for my behaviour. Let's not spoil this further. I love every moment with you. Being with you is the best part of my day and the days I don't see you I simply count hours till I do. I feel really bad for upsetting you with my shitty behaviour and there's no excuse for it but let me make it up, please?"

She looked at him. He looked like a school boy pleading in all earnestness and there she melted. "It's ok. Itna sorry bolne ki zaroorat nahi hai. We all snap. Ho jata hai. I get it." She smiled and touched his cheek. Sidharth leaned his face into her hand, closing his eyes. He then brought it to his mouth and kissed it lightly.

"Pakka no dessert?"

She laughed "Haan pakka. I'm full!"

Sidharth called for the check while she quietly observed him.

"Waise itna toh batao what got you all pissy?"

Sidharth sighed and then held her gaze. "Jealous ho gaya tha for a moment. I couldn't stand you giggling at that idiot's lines. I felt like only I had the right to make you giggle and blush."

Shehnaaz stared at him not believing what he just said. Siddharth Shukla getting jealous? Then blinking her eyes she simply and confidently said "Acha. Got it. But don't be. You have no reason to be." Sidharth looked at her and just nodded. And there the conversation ended.

Once he cleared the bill, he got up and held out his hand for her. She held it and slid out of her seat grabbing her purse. There was a weird contentment in both their faces. But unbeknownst to them a another pair of eyes seemed to be transfixed on them, burning in jealousy. The owner of the eyes had just entered the restaurant when her sight landed on them. She almost didn't recognise this Sidharth. And who was this woman? No, this girl, because she looked hardly a day older than 20. Quiet rage bubbled in her. She would find out.