Song Revisions + Commentary

For this rewrite, here is how I will manage the songs:

1. Welcome To Rosas — honestly this isn't my fave song, but it serves its purpose on welcoming the audience in the setting, so I'll have a few things revised, and it will go to the first time when we get introduced to the story. And based on the Disney Wiki, Rosas takes inspiration from Iberian and North African cultures and is probably next to the Silk Road. It'd be nice if Asha is forced to sing this (she's not adorkable anymore, just someone who despises interacting with people) to Chinese officials who went there for allegiances ( a Mulan cameo!).

2. This is The Thanks I Get!? — I actually did not like this song. It felt like the rap didn't blend well with the instrumental and the chorus was empty. So, I would have it rewritten, FULL ON. Its placement will be the time when Magnifico complains after Asha walks out on him during their argument.

3. This Wish — It'll be there when Asha reaches the time where she wants to help find a solution. Its reprise will be a song when everyone collectively wishes to free the stars Magnifico and Amaya trapped. By the way, some of the lyrics need revision too.

4. I'm A Star — Stell has to sing this, flirting with Asha, sprinkling magic to anything he finds, and letting the sentient beings admire him and play music for him. This needs a rewrite, since well, it's just kiddified and the worldbuilding behind it has been revised. I've seen rewriters so far removing this, but I can't deprive Stell a prince song since those are really rare.

5. Knowing What I Know Now — I would imagine a reprise of this when Stell tries to convince Asha how evil Magnifico actually is. However, Asha will sing the full song when she asks help from her apprentice colleagues, but the song would have minor revision.

6. A Wish Worth Making — Stell's father and mother, the King and Queen of Wishing Stars, have to sing this to their son when their souls reunite (an "It's Not Your Time Yet" trope).

7. At All Costs — I take back what I said with This Wish, this song + A Wish Worth Making are the best ones on the soundtrack! Most Disney couple songs happen in the middle of the movie, but I really think this duet fits better when Stell and Asha dance in the night sky at the end. The demo will be fully used for this part.

8. All That I've Done For You — Amaya's villain reveal song would be this discarded Tangled song. I think only the instrumentation needs a glow-up since it basically sounds like a demo.

These are all the songs in the soundtrack (not including the instrumentals and scores). I might as well add Kingdom Dance from Tangled since it could be a nice reference cameo to the part where Asha and Stell participate in the night market festival.

And you know what? I could not formulate a way to fix Magnifico's villain song. Might as well replace it instead with another.

This is from a biblical musical (Journey to Bethlehem), but I saw a video from krimanga on YouTube that seemed to fit better theatrically and served the vibes of the original. I was very inspired by it; the song was just perfect for a narcissistic hypocrite like him.

The song is titled Good To Be King, sung by Antonio Banderas—who plays King Herod.

TL,DR: Goodbye, This Is The Thanks I Get!?, hello Good To Be King!

---

Hi! I'm returning on this one to say, that in watching a certain Netflix musical series, I realized that the main character got a better "I want" song than what Disney did, so instead of "This Wish", I'll be using "Wake Up" from Julie and the Phantoms! I just watched it in two days, and I loved it (sad it was cancelled)! Though there are some lyrics that relate to singing and playing the piano, it mostly can still fit in the narrative of Wish, especially with the spark allegories and waking up to achieve your dreams in reality.

Yay! Finally found a new "I want" song!