Realizations and Recollections

Stell: Asha! Asha!

Valentino: Leave her alone for now. She's in her emo phase!

Stell: What? (continues running)

Valentino: I said—oh goodness. This prince is indeed her perfect match (mutters to himself).

Stell runs over to the suburban fields, and he saw Asha's face covered with her hands.

Stell: Are you...okay?

Asha looked at Stell, but as much as she wanted to hold back sadness, she just ended up breaking down.

Stell: If anything's wrong, just tell me. It's not nice bottling up feelings.

Asha: When I saw Elias dying in front of his kids, I was instantly reminded of my own grandfather.

She told him the times she and her grandpa spent together, learning about life, wishes, and stars.

Stell: What happened to him?

Asha: He...died of old age. And his wish...it was never granted.

Stell: What is his greatest desire?

Asha: I remembered when I was little, he said that he wanted the next generation to be inspired in pursuing their own dreams and fight against predetermined fate.

Stell: Predetermined fate...does Magnifico give predetermined fate?

Asha: I don't know. But I just realized when we argued...that...

Stell nods his head, cueing her to go on.

Asha: Listen. These are what I observed during every wish granting ceremony back when I was just a beginner apprentice to the king.

...

Magnifico: This is your lucky day, as I, King Magnifico of Rosas, will grant your greatest desires!

The crowd cheered. Asha, on the other hand, sat along with the other apprentices in the audience box.

Magnifico looks at the citizens, and a minute later, he pointed to a lady in pink.

Pink Lady: Oh my, oh my!

Magnifico: Well greetings there, Miss Sora! What do you desire in your life?

Sora: I want to be...a doctor! Yes! I wish to be a doctor, since it makes me happy to help people in need.

Magnifico purses his lips as he heard the request of the woman.

Magnifico: Uh...did you study hard to be a doctor?

Sora nods.

Magnifico: Well...I'm afraid I can't turn you to a doctor.

Sora: Why? Do I need to work harder?

Magnifico: Um...no need. You've done so much in your life studying to be a doctor. But here's the thing. You're better off as a fashion designer.

Sora was shocked, but she still smiled to not create a scene.

Magnifico: If you become a doctor, then you'll have to face very gross things, such as blood, organs, body parts, and you're a fine lady. Fine ladies don't deserve handling disgusting stuff.

Sora: But it is my dream.

Magnifico: I know. But it's for the betterment of the kingdom. Lately, we're short on designers as well, haha!

He summons an orb that came from his study, and then gave it to Sora. She suddenly gets tools such as fabric and thread.

Magnifico: Now go on! Be the best fashion designer!

...

Another wish granting ceremony commenced, and this time, a man steps on the palace stage.

Magnifico: What do you desire to be?

Man: I am Inno, and I would like to have a restaurant! As a chef, I would share my culinary skills I learned from my great-grandma and ensure that the people will have a good food source—

Magnifico: Wait. You wish to waste your fit body and strength for a mundane task such as cooking?

Inno: I want to pass down her cooking traditions so it won't die out.

Magnifico: You're better off as one of my knights. You will guard the kingdom from any danger and help those in need, for the benefit of Rosas!

Inno: Yeah, for the betterment of Rosas (fakes happiness).

He transforms him, complete with armor and weapons, ready to defend the state.

...

Asha: He always does that. Giving the wishes he finds beneficial to the town...

Stell: But those citizens never got to chase their dreams without that king's interference. You're really lucky you got what you wanted.

Asha: Yeah...by 18, I had to give up my dream, to wish of being an apprentice. It was granted though...

Stell: Still, I want the stars to guide people on their own fate. And you know what? Your Grandpa will be proud of you, and all the other people who inspired you in getting an apprenticeship.

Asha: Well, I tried so hard hiding these feelings...but it'd be embarrassing—

Stell: You wish to cry? Sure, here's my shoulder (smiling and leaning next to Asha).

Asha: Thanks, I guess (blushed)...

She puts her head on Stell's shoulder, and Asha finally cried freely, letting go of the emotions she tried to suppress. She realized that it was okay to not be okay. And by conforming with someone like Stell, she felt so much better, as if a heavy burden was removed from her heart.

...

Stell: So, do we go to our next mission?

Asha: Sure thing (smiles).

Stell: See! It's fine being emotional. You look more beautiful when you smile.

Asha: Stop teasing me (blushing)! Let's go free your people.

They stood up from the ground, but Valentino was actually looking at a distance with a huge grin. Little did the three know, someone was hiding among the trees: a silver man with Rosas' coat of arms was lurking around.