Forced To Be A Tour Guide

An Iberian girl's eyes open as she lays down her bed sidewards. Her curly hair was tangled from left to right, but she made sure to remain vigilant as she hears the woody steps of a person ascending the stairway.

Her name is Asha, an assistant to King Magnifico of Rosas. She still vividly remembers today's date. Something she wished to skip.

Asha's Mom (Sakina) : Darling! Wake up!

Asha: Can't I skip Allegiance Day?

Asha's Dad (Tomás): Go now...get up; you're an apprentice!

Asha: Assistant, Dad. I'm just an assistant. And I don't want to.

Her mother fully went upstairs to her room, seeing how unprepared her daughter is.

Mom: Come on! You're the best assistant that entered the king's castle for years! Don't miss this opportunity to build political connections!

Asha (reluctant): But will political connections help me with learning wizardry and astronomy? No, I don't think so. 

The dad came upstairs as well since she was too stubborn to get up.

Tomás: Hey, it can! Those people may know about oracle bone fortune tellers! Maybe you can learn from them!

Asha: Dad, oracle bones predict the future, not grant wishes.

Dad: Still darling, get it together! Today will be an exciting day!

Asha: I don't want to...

Sakina: Well, what about your perfect attendance?

Asha: (paused) Sigh...fine...I'll prepare.

Her parents went downstairs to manage their family business, a mundane little bakery filled with the yummiest pastries. Asha on the other hand, prepares with speed; sling bag, red dress, and box braids perfectly worn and done—her uniform is finally complete.

She descended from the second floor, and a goat wearing yellow clothes jumped, greeting her.

Asha: Hi, Valentino. I'm sorry we can't go to the meadows today. They want me to be some easygoing princess or something...

Valentino bleats with agreement.

Asha: At least you get me. (whispering) You're the best, Val.

The goat bleats again, but in support.

Asha: Anyway, let's go take the scenic route to the castle. I'd rather be late today (tired).

Mom: Darling, before you leave, here's your yummy breakfast in a box! Eat them all up!

Asha: Yeah, I will...

She quickly gets out of the house and deviates from the main road, the fastest path to the castle.

...

A king with blue eyes and a seemingly young build fixes his cape, practices his smile, and combs his luscious, graying hair. Seven other people entered the throne room: one in pink, purple, navy blue, yellow-orange, cyan, orange, and yellow-green arrived in the study as well. They had hurrying faces, but were determined to remain calm.

Gabo: Your Highness. You summoned us here, didn't you?

King Magnifico turns his head. He raises his fingers, counting all the assistants.

Magnifico: Where is Asha? Asha? Are you there (confused)?

Echoes of tiny steps resonated in the large room, and a reluctant girl in box braids and red outfit was walking slowly towards the line of assistants. Behind her is her pet goat.