Prince in Peril

Asha treaded down the halls, putting a lot of stealth into her step. Valentino and Simon followed behind, with the goat monitoring if someone was following them.

They ascended 2 flights of stairs, but unsurprisingly, knights were lined parallel to each other to guard the Grand Study Hall.

Simon (whispering): What do we do with them?

Valentino (whispering): That'll be my job. You and Asha can enter the study hall.

The goat stepped out of his hiding spot.

Valentino: YOU DUMB GUARDS! CATCH ME!

They instantly flinched hearing the insult. With their lances and shields, the knights in full shining armor ran to the goat. Valentino had a talent of jumping; he was able to hitch on each guard, knocking them down.

Asha: Let's go!

She and Simon snuck outside the commotion. They finally reached the door, as Valentino tackled all of the knights. But he was one little goat; it would not take too long for them to wake up again.

Simon turned the knob clockwise, and he held it as the door opened outward. Valentino drifted through the room to be with his guardian.

Asha: Let's get in—

Simon instantly locks the door on his side using magic. Asha tried to push the door, hoping it would open, but it did not budge.

Simon (muffled): Asha...I'm sorry, can't go on. I need to handle these knights, but I know you can do it. I trust you, so please, trust me as well.

Asha: Are you sure?

Simon: Yeah, I am (confident).

The latter upon closing the door, notices the guards who just got up. They picked back their lances and shields, but Simon held his wand.

He raised it, causing a white cup to spawn in the yellow magic that used to be Bazeema's glittery trademark. Inside the same cup was a steaming, hot liquid that smelled like peppermint tea.

Simon takes a drink of the tea in one go. It was just in the right temperature he wanted it to be, and he suddenly felt like he was struck by a lightning bolt. Adrenaline rushed through his body, and he became more observant of his surroundings.

Simon blasted a sleeping spell on one guard. But unlike the others, it surprisingly bounced off from the armor, and dissolved instead.

Simon (mind): Shoot! Seriously? An immunity spell?

Every spell was useless; all he could do is to hold them off manually. He took another lance instead after tackling the same knight he tried blasting, and using his wand, he infused some magic on the weapon's blades, hoping that the weapons would at least penetrate the immunity barrier and break it.

...

Asha: Stell (runs to his prison)!

His voice was still filtered due to the barrier obstructing them to fully reunite. Asha holds onto the prison, with her hand placed onto it.

Stell: You came (overwhelmed with joy)!

Asha: What did those two do to you (worried)?

She noticed how his hair suddenly became a dark platinum blonde. His eyes and complexion were dull to the point that Stell looked dead.

Stell: I'm fine...they just took a few bits of magic from me—

Asha: A few bits (saddened)!? Look at yourself, Star Boy (about to cry)...

Stell: It's okay. And no time to cry about it; please help me out of here (reassuring).

Asha wiped away the tears that were about to roll on her face. She then inspected the barrier to know how she can counter its spell. She observed the place, and she saw the dome that the royal couple hid from her.

Magnifico and Amaya searched for books and scrolls, testing out their new abilities in the process.

Magnifico (muffled): My dear, not only would we become the king and queen of Rosas, but the rulers of the cosmos!

Amaya (muffled): I know...right?

Asha had to act fast. She looked everywhere, until she stumbled upon a lamp post. It confused Asha as to why it did not have a corresponding bookshelf, until an idea came to her mind. She went back to the dome, and realized that the east door was in the same position as the lamp post.

Asha (mind): A lift...that's how they got down there...

She went back to the location of the lamp post. She observed it again, noticing two gemstones that were equidistant to each other. The left had a green emerald, while the other was blue.

Asha (mind): If the fire underneath is green, then the green emerald...is for the lift...

She pressed the blue gemstone. It was a smooth, shiny moonstone that triggered another mechanism. The lamp post then caused the floor to spin an altar that had a statue of Magnifico and Amaya. She finally saw the missing bookshelf, filled with dusty spellbooks and cobwebs in between.

Asha waves her wand and quickly brings all the books out. She skimmed each and every one of them, until she got to a burgundy spellbook. Asha flipped through every page with panicking speed; at least the Grand Study Hall was at the top of the castle, so Magnifico and Amaya would still take a little while to get back up.

She stopped at the middle page. It had drawings similar to blue barriers, and the creation of the orbs, and finally, how to dissolve them.

Asha: Stell, I need you to radiate some light.

Stell: Why?

Asha: Gotta use it.

Stell: Okay (determined).

He focused on making himself glow, although the light was slowly dimming, as if he was a fire about to be put out. A few seconds later, he kept a consistent luminous intensity that was enough for Asha to use.

Asha: Star light, star bright, the star I'll see tonight. Wish I may, wish I might, let this dream be free in flight! (raises her wand to the barrier).

Stell became brighter than ever, producing a flash of light that dazzled Asha, and even a lookout Valentino. She closed her eyes to not be blinded, and once the brightness started to dim, Asha opened them again.

Stell knelt down, still bound by Magnifico and Amaya's power. But the barrier was no more. The apprentice proceeded to remove the clutches from the prince's feet and arms.

Asha: STELL (hugs and tears up in joy)!

Stell: ASHA (hugs her back, athough his light is jarringly fading)! Thank you, thank you so much!

Asha: We're not done yet. I have one last thing—

...

Magnifico and Amaya, upon noticing the bright light in the room, were already rushing back to the Grand Study Hall. As Magnifico presses a blue moonstone button, his wife notices a goat, trembling in deep fear.

Amaya: Well well, little billy. STAY BACK (raises her hand and magically knocks out Valentino)!

Valentino: AAAHH!

Then the goat suddenly became unconscious at impact towards the floor. The couple stepped to the location of Stell's prison, and there, they witnessed an embracing Asha and Stell, both with tears of joy in their eyes, and blushing cheeks.

Magnifico: Do you really think you were smart, Asha (slyly)?

Asha turned back, hearing the familiar voice she never wanted to hear again. And in front of her were the king and queen, with glittering emerald power radiating from them, as if they became like the stars.