Chapter 2: Forced Vacation Part 1

(enid pov)
I get a text on my way home, and a photo of a depressed Wednesday, making me blush furiously. The text says "Xavier decided that I wanted his number in my new phone, so I texted him asking for yours and I am now ignoring him."

I snap a cute pic that I send back, followed by "Don't ignore Xavier. He is just clueless. 😊" This is returned by a "Your imbecilic, little person disgusts me."

"My emoji?"

"Whatever." I sigh at her cute apathy, and lean my head against the window. Ajax texts me, but I ignore it. "Just so you know, I'm coming to San Francisco in two weeks. It had better be drizzling." I almost throw my phone out the window as the text from my roommate comes in. She is actually coming? I never thought she actually would. "Awww. Love you, too. Can't wait!" I shoot back. Wednesday is coming to visit me. Oh my gosh! Another text comes in from Ajax. Wednesday Addams is coming to see me. Another text. I silence my phone and turn up the radio, already making plans for what Wednesday and I are going to do.

(wednesday pov)
I close my eyes as I send the text. Is this a mistake? It is a mistake. "Read 14:10" This is a mistake. Enid doesn't text back for three seconds. She must not want me to come. Was I too forward? Why do I care? Why do I want to go? "Awww. Love you, too. Can't wait!" I smile at the lack of emojis in her message. She is actually ok with me coming. "Mother," I say, turning to the woman across the car from me. "Yes, Wednesday?"

"I will be visiting a friend in San Francisco in two weeks. I would love a ride."

"You may visit your... friend... but you will take the bus," She smiles. I roll my eyes, but nod. I'm actually going to ride a bus for Enid. She must really have left a mark on me. I laugh slightly at the idea that the girl with colored nails and eyes like hers could affect me so. I must still be in shock from the hug. That much physical touch can get to your head, it'll wear off.

(enid pov)
When I get back to the house, I panic. Wednesday won't approve of my room. I run into the den of pink, and start putting things into boxes. When I'm halfway done, my father knocks on the door. "Your friend can have the guest room, kiddo. There isn't room for another bed here. No need to... redecorate." He looks around the room skeptically.

"But, Dad! The guest room is all the way on the other side of the house!" I pout. He sighs. "I can move your bed in there, too. You will share that room." I nod, satisfied. My dad heaves up my bed, and I follow him across the house of werewolf siblings. Wednesday and I will go out a lot, I guess. The guest room is very rustic, and Romanesque, much more Wednesday's vibe. I gasp at my childhood drawings on the walls, and tear them down. My dad rolls his eyes, sets the bed down, and heads out. I sit down on my newly moved bed, and stare at the ceiling. What will Wednesday think? I sigh. I guess I'll find out in 13 days and 16 hours. Eventually the sun sets. I just go to bed in my clothes. I'm not ready to face the scars in the mirror yet. Or my mother in the hallway. I wake up at midnight. The same nightmare as last night. Where I couldn't save her. But she isn't there to save me this time. And then a text comes in.

	I almost scream as the text comes in

I almost scream as the text comes in. Wednesday Addams just asked me if I needed to talk about a nightmare. She loves nightmares! This must be a dream. Then she calls me.

"Hey, Enid."

"Hi..."

"Is this weird? I don't know how phones work."

"No, you're fine."

"Ok."

"So..."

"Don't make this weird, Sinclair."

"You texted to check up on me in the middle of the night?"

"Thing remembered your nightmare, and told me I should check."

"Well, tell Thing that I am very grateful." I hear Wednesday smile slightly.

"So," she continues, "Was it the same dream?"

"Yes. I couldn't shift. I couldn't save you from Tyler."

"Enid, you did. You saved all of us."

"I know, I know. I... just... what if I hadn't?"

"Ridiculous question."

"Is it? This wasn't wrapped up in a bow, Wednesday!"

"I know. But you are safe with your family."

"I'm not worried about me!"

"Who are you worried about, then? Your dream was about not being able to wolf out. Is it about not being able to transform again?"

"No! Saving you, Wednesday. Can't you see that? I..."

I trail off. "I have to go. See you in a couple weeks." I hang up, and set the phone down abruptly. It buzzes with another text from Wednesday. I force myself to look at it.

"🖤"

I blush furiously, and hate myself for it. She sent an emoji. For me. I flop onto my pillow, holding the emoji to my heart and trying to push away what I almost said.

(wednesday pov)
Enid acted strangely. I suppose I did, too. Following up on a stupid nightmare. That is nonsense. I have to focus. I have a stalker to catch. I can't let feelings get in my way.