Chapter 10: Breakup; Gunshot

(enid pov)
Friday comes too quickly. "How do I look?" I ask my roommate, who is typing busily. She turns around, and I try not to flush under her gaze. "You covered your scars," she says plainly. I touch the concealed tissue, sensitive. "Yeah."

"You shouldn't."

"I... I just want Ajax to think I'm normal."

Wednesday stands up. "Enid, you aren't normal. You shouldn't wear that nonsense to hide. You look prettier with the marks."

"You... you think I look pretty?"

The goth purses her lips. "No, you just look slightly better with them than without."

My face falls slightly, and Wednesday bites her lip. Strange. I glance at the clock. "Nuts! I have to go!" I grab my purse.. "If he breaks your heart, I'll nail gun his," Wednesday reminds me as I dash around. "I know!" I call back as I hurry out the door, blushing from the compliment.

Ajax is waiting at the bottom of the stairs, a lily in his hand. I take it, smiling, and he offers me his arm. I accept it with a deep breath. I'm ending it today. I have no idea what I am going to say. But I'll let him down easy.

He takes me to a small café in Jericho. The walls are pink, with pictures of kittens everywhere. Wednesday would hate it. Ajax sits down with me. We order drinks.

"Enid, we need to talk."

(wednesday pov)
The werewolf runs into the dorm an hour early, sobbing. "Enid?" I ask, failing to ignore her. "He dumped me!" she exclaims, slamming her head into a pillow. I nod, and gesture to Thing, who signs that he doesn't know what I want. "Grab my keyring," I instruct. Recognition dawns, and Thing scurries away without further question. Enid looks up at me, eyes swimming. "What do you need those for?" I grab the ring from my walking hand, finding the rose gold one. I hold it up. "Key to my toolshed."

"You have a toolshed?"

"Doesn't everyone?"

She looks at me. "Doesn't matter. What do you need from there at this time?"

"My nail gun," I respond immediately.

"What? You are actually going to do that?"

I nod, dead serious. Enid can tell, because she grabs my arm. "Wednesday, don't."

I pause, looking at her. "I wanted to break up with him," she admits. I look at her. Why were your eyes leaking so much, then?"

She sighs. "I didn't know he wanted to break up with me!" she admits. I laugh, incredulous. "You accomplished your goal."

"I know," she exclaims. "I still feel sad."

I hold up the keyring, but she shakes her head. I roll my eyes and give it back to Thing. "I just need to be sad," she tells me. I nod. "First, you are taking off that makeup." She sighs, but heads to the bathrooms anyway. She returns, and I nod. My heart still hurts at the damaged flesh that my actions hurt, but hers shouldn't. She should wear them like a medal. She saved the school.

I smile softly at her, and she returns the gesture, returning to her bed and donning a pair of black headphones, heading into her own pop music, blech, universe. I return to my typewriter.

Viper smiled at Esme, who returned the gesture, before pulling the hero in for an earth shattering kiss. Viper ran her hands through Esme's hair, and Esme whispered confessions of love into Viper's ear as they embraced. Viper had never wanted anyone so mu

I stop. What am I doing? Viper is better off alone. She knows that. I know that.

I crumple up the page and start again.

Esme grabbed Viper's hand, making them both feel more complete, and the

What am I doing? This isn't what is supposed to happen. I pull the page out again. Thing tries to grab it, curious about what has caused me to mess up multiple times. I block him, glaring, and he backs away. I sigh, and continue typing.

Viper saw Esme at the end of the corridor, and ran to her, longing for the feeling of the girl's lips on hers, and hoping desp

I slam my fist onto the desk. Esme was barely relevant, what is this? I tear the page, and stand up, taking a break. I decide to go for a walk. I grab what I think is a scarf from my table, but it turns out to be my snood. I sigh, and drop it, leaving without it. I storm down the stairs, past an Ajax standing very close to Xavier, past Bianca practicing her songs on some squirrels. I run through the gates and into the woods. No stalker this time. But... he is here. He is angry. "You hurt my family."

"I didn't do anything. He did this to himself."

"You're wrong! You corrupted him."

"I know you are angry. But please, think logically."

(enid pov) A gunshot cuts through the Katy Perry song. I look to my roommate's empty chair, and then to Thing, who looks nervous and confused. "Don't panic," I tell the hand, standing up and starting to pace.

Wednesday stumbles in through the window.

A/N: I am running super low on motivation rn. I'm obsessed with the story, and I have a lot of ideas, but I just feel like it is all going to nobody. Could I get honest feedback, if there is anyone reading this far? I hate to seem needy, but it is just hard to write to a seemingly blank wall. Also, if I should just drop this, I will. Just please someone say something lol. Idk. This chapter was short, sorry. I do want to write, and there are so many more injuries and miscommunications to come in my overall story. Anyway, if anyone is still reading this I love you. Sorry for the long note and short chapter. - Ebony