Chapter 8: Dead Psychics and Werewolves

(bianca pov)
"Shit!" I yell, as I trip over the small girl. She is covered in leaves. I kneel down. "Wednesday!" I exclaim. She is barely breathing. I brush her off, and call Pugsley.

"I found her. Go get Thing. We're going to need first aid."

The scared boy nods, and starts running. I hang up. "Alright, Addams. Sorry about this."

I reach my arms under the girls shoulders and knees, pulling her up. Her neck lolls back, and I force it up with my elbow, sighing and turning back towards the estate. Why do I even care?

Pugsley is pacing furiously when I reach the kitchen. Her creepy parents have laid out a spot on the family table, and I set her down. Morticia hands me a glass of water, and I drink gratefully, before running over to the table. Thing hands me a special bottle, and I force feed the Addams girl, careful not to drown her. Her eyelids flutter, but stay shut. I grab some bandages, and start on her waist. She has a deep gash along her stomach, and another on her calf, which her father took care of. After she is patched up, and I've forced some more food down her throat, I take her over to her room, and set her down. "I'll never admit this again, but I hope you don't die, Addams. Enid would be sad."

(enid pov)
I push through the woods. Running far from the house with the boy I'm supposed to love. Through the clearing where Wednesday left me. Something tugs at my throat, and I claw at it until it departs, wiping the blood away and continuing to run. Run. Run.

"Enid?"

Running. Just running. I'm not in control.

"Enid, no!"

That voice sounds familiar.

I sink to my knees as the wolf continues to run. Then something catches the wolf. And then everything goes dark.

(wednesday pov)
"Goody?" I ask, sitting up. What do you remember? I ran into the woods. And then? I put my head in my hands. "I don't know. What happened?" Don't ask me. "You're the only person here!" I huff. You're here. "I don't know!" Don't you? Think back....

Lying to Enid. Thing worrying. Those damn movies. Running into the woods. Something... happening. I fell. No. I was pushed. I saw them. I reach for my torso. They... they were armed. I fell back. They left me for dead. "The stalker," I breathe. Good. "Wait. How did you get here? I thought we couldn't communicate anymore." I'm a part of you. "Is this a dream?" In a way... "Where am I?" Not where you should be. "How do I get out of here?" The answer is coming. "Wednesday!" a voice echoes. Bianca. "I found her. Go get Thing. We're going to need first aid." The siren's instructions are intended for someone else. Who? "Is Bianca the answer?" No, Goody chuckles, that is further away. She is just a stepping stone.

Time passes.

I try to stand up, but fall back down.

My throat isn't as dry.

Where is my real body?

I try to open my eyes, but I fail. Not yet, pet, Goody croons. "You aren't very helpful," I comment. You got yourself here, she responds. I roll my eyes, and lie down. The ground here is damp.

"I'll never admit this again, but I hope you don't die, Addams. Enid would be sad." Bianca's voice bounces around, and I hear her footsteps out of the room. Wherever I ended up.

"Enid would be sad." My mind is like a broken record. "Enid?" I ask

Then she appears. A few meters away, running but not moving. Tears are streaming down her face. "Enid, no!" I try to reach her, but I'm frozen. Too late, a voice echoes. Not Goody. Crackstone. Enid sinks to her knees. I want to run to her, but I can't. The necklace around my throat tightens. A noose indeed. I grasp for it, but it pulls me apart.

I gasp, and my eyes open. "Enid."

(enid pov)
I gasp, and my eyes open "Wednesday."

"No," a familiar force says. My dad is leaning over me. "It's me. What happened, Enid? There was barely half a moon. I could hardly transform to get you."

"I'm sorry," I say, moving to sit up but unable. My dad puts a hand on my shoulder, forcing me down. I reach for my necklace, but find nothing. I panic, feeling for it desperately. "This?" My dad asks, holding out the W. I take it gratefully, and go to put it back, but my dad stops me. "I wouldn't," he says, "You scraped your neck up trying to get it off. Here, I can put it on your wrist." I nod, touching my neck. "The scars healed," he assures me. I sigh in relief. At least I won't have more.

"Pup, what happened?" My dad puts a hand on mine. I squeeze. "I was just stressed, Dad. I'm still new at this." I smile at him. He smiles back, partially convinced. I grab the glass of water my older brother holds out, both of us grinning.

I turn to my dad. "What happened to Ajax?" I dread the answer. "He went home. Didn't want you to be overwhelmed. Anyway, you'll see him in a month."

"A MONTH?"

"You've been out a long time, dear."

"Evidently!" I gasp. "Where is my phone?"

My dad hands it over reluctantly. I ignore the messages from Ajax, checking if there are any from Wednesday. Nothing. Then I see something from Thing. A photo. Of Wednesday. "We found her," the text reads. I gasp. I hadn't even followed up with him on that! I sigh in relief at the resolution of the problem I had just remembered. Then I look closer. She is covered in blood. And the necklace is still around her neck. Why? I sigh, and set my phone down.

The next month goes by slowly. My dad helps me recover from whatever happened. We practice controlling transformations when the full moon comes around again. I don't get anymore texts from Wednesday or Thing. I text Ajax back in emojis and single syllables.

I run down the hallway. "Dad! Where is my bag? I have to pack," I call. "Right here!" he tells me, walking in from the kitchen and handing me the red duffel. I smile, and dart back to my room. I open a side compartment and a small piece of black knitting falls out. Black suits you, try it out. Return it next year, - WA the note says. I unfurl it. The snood I gave Wednesday. I pull it over, inhaling her scent. Then I kick myself for it. She lied. I'd be happy to never see her again.

But I don't take it off.

(wednesday pov)
"Enid." The sun stings my eyes. I sit up, and clutch my torso. "Goody? Enid?" I look around desperately. "Bianca?"

"She left." My little brother appears in the doorway. He runs and goes to hug me. I push him off, and he spots the bandages and remembers. "Sorry," he says sheepishly. I roll my eyes and wrap an arm over his shoulders, squeezing hard. He smiles slightly, and I match it. "Are you feeling ok?" he asks. I nod vaguely. "I could use some water." He hands me a strange bottle that looks like it should be in a hamster cage. I look at him. Realization dawns. "I'll go get a normal cup. Everyone will be so relieved!" He runs out of the room. I look around. How long was I out? I grab my phone. Two days. I sigh in relief. That's nothing. Pugsley comes back in, and hands me a cup. I drink gratefully. My stomach makes noise. I glare at it. My dad laughs awkwardly from the doorway. "I'll get you some food, Wednesday." He heads back towards the kitchen. Thing runs onto my lap. "I missed you," he signs. "Don't go soft on me now," we have to find who did this," I tell him. "We did," he signs. "What?" I exclaim. My mother strolled in. "Bianca did. She went right back out after saving you. Found a man by the name of Eric with your blood on his knife. She brought him in. He is already... dealt with." She winks, and sits down. "How are you feeling, dear? This man's phone had a lot of photos of you."

"Stalker," I breathe.

"Excuse me?"

I show my mom the texts. She chuckles. "Those are the ones." I sigh. "Guess that takes care of that," I joke. Pugsley smiles. I sigh. I will miss having a mystery. I suppose I will just write another one for Viper back at school. In... two months. "What am I going to do?" I exclaim. My mother chuckles. "I'm sure we can figure something out, pet."

They don't. I spend the next two months sitting around 'recovering from my wounds' and resisting the urge to reach out to Enid. Eventually, after the dullness ends, I start preparation for the year ahead. I still wear the noose. And I can't stop worrying about seeing her again.